smartguy.com

Fred Homan

You guys really need to check this out....It's new and I believe it could really help us all. Things always seem to happen in California first.

Fred

Just got off of a webinar with Tim McCormick who visited our BNI meeting this morning. This is really cool! You have to check it out at: http://www.smartguy.com/profile/pro/sup ... lutionsllc
I have signed up. I believe it could help us all.

Fred Homan

:D :D :D

Fred Homan

This is really cool....

First of all SmartGuy.com is brand new, so of course their is probably no one in the signed up in the area yet - they haven't even begun marketing it yet. When they say you would be 1 of only 3 professionals, they mean that unlike other directories, they limit their site to only 3 professionals per category per zip code. In other words, there would only be 3 carpet cleaners allowed amongst 1200 other professionals referring eachother on the network.

#2 The system is built through referrals. With 400 categories, and 3 professionals in each, that would be 1,200 professionals promoting my services. Once the area starts getting full, they send mailers directly to the zip code recommending consumers use SmartGuy.com to find professionals that their neighbor's recommend. By the way, Angies list charges consumers to use them...and their is no networking element. You are not building your own business, you or simply at their mercy.

As for your 3rd point, you just made my point. If you say that "People who call for cleaning in my area are older folks and they don't search or have computers", well thats why Google, Yahoo, merchant circle, etc. aren't as effective and that's why referrals are so important! Did you look at the site or watch the video's?

Any questions. Call me at: 651-260-5337 CST

Fred Homan

Name
Bruce
They didn't even have anyone listed in MI when I searched. I could be the first.

Ron's stealing your thunder with this topic in the clean room.

Fred Homan

Sounds cool Ron. Jordan has spoken with Dan Dahlin and he is going to be on the Pro-cleaners network soon.

Fred

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why would any cleaner want to advertise right along with their competition?

This would unfortunately dilute your results by 2/3rds or even more.

Isn't it easier to just have you prospect go directly to your own website with having to have a 3rd party?

A dedicated website will also be able to provide tons more information directly to your prospects.

Just seem like more clutter for your prospects to have to drudge through to find your company.

Why pay to have an extra unnecessary step in the process?

These are also some of the reasons that yellowpages.com and other on-line directories are going the way of the dinosaur.

Fred Homan

FYI.....
Business is directed to them in several ways.

First through referrals from businesses that sign up. Every business invites everyone they know, and so on and so on. Remember there is an internal referral center.

Next. once a zip code starts to fill up, SmartGuy starts a direct mail program in their area to consumers driving consumers to SmartGuy.com and therefore to them.

If they sign up first, they are listed on top (there are only 3 of each professional listed). As the zip code fills up, they will soon have the ability to network with hundreds of business for free (since im sure they can get three other business they work with to sign up)

Fred

Fred Homan

Check out hte Webinar.....

Build Your Business Through Referrals - SmartGuy.com

Join us for a Webinar on February 23

Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/402685333

Build Your Business Through Referrals - SmartGuy.com (presentation followed by question and answer)

Title: Build Your Business Through Referrals - SmartGuy.com

Date: Monday, February 23, 2009

Time: 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM PST

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista

Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer

G

I can feel the hype.... I will sign up as soon as I see Greenie say he likes it ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom