s'Marty how is it possible..

Mikey P

Administrator
to NOT clean the riser "on most jobs"?

Are you that careful with your pre spaying the nothing gets on the riser?

Maybe in Pratsville all the citizens have been genetically engineered to wear size 4 shoes.

In California we get big greasy size 12 shoes wearing out the bull noses by grinding in soils that eventually drifts its way to into the riser. If we didn't clean them, the brown outs would kill our reputation.

Your young and impressionable fan base here could be seriously husrt by following your porr example as a "premium" cleaner.

Quite wasting some much time servicing her suckmop and clean the whole staircase.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Laying low, despite Michigan's poor economy My business has grown so I have been busier than normal plus I have 2 toddlers that require
much attention that I didn't have a year ago. I had to free time somewhere and every time I got on my computer to "work" I ended up here
and the work was not getting done!!!!

Name
George Valliant
Kevin McCreary said:
every time I got on my computer to "work" I ended up here
and the work was not getting done!!!!

I can relate that! Mikey should have a disclaimer on the splash page reading;

"Warning, participation in this forum will make you a better cleaner but you wil have less time for work".

hogjowl

Idiot™
I gently apply my preconditioner to the step fibers using a gentle horse hair brush and lightly scrub them to provide the necessary agitation for complete soil removal. The risers are simply never wet.

I feel the 45/90 prevacuuming I provide prior to cleaning is all that is necessary for risers. Unless, of course, I find the presence of soil during my microscopic preevaluation.

Until you've bought yourself a carpet microscope, you're not truly able to accurately diagnose the cleaning needs of the different environments encountered.

John G

pig_and_shit-thumb.jpg

Name
Nate W.
admiralclean said:
I gently apply my preconditioner to the step fibers using a gentle horse hair brush and lightly scrub them to provide the necessary agitation for complete soil removal. The risers are simply never wet.

I feel the 45/90 prevacuuming I provide prior to cleaning is all that is necessary for risers. Unless, of course, I find the presence of soil during my microscopic preevaluation.

Until you've bought yourself a carpet microscope, you're not truly able to accurately diagnose the cleaning needs of the different environments encountered.

Rick Gelinas on Marty's computer? :lol:

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
He doesn't clean the riser is the same as cleaing the whole step with a floor tool.

DUH.

Hack, Double Hack

hogjowl

Idiot™
Vincent:

While I can understand your need to be accepted as relevant on these boards, cleaners of my personal magnitude can't be bothered with noticing pond scum such as yourself.

Have a nice day.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
admiralclean said:
Vincent:

While I can understand your need to be accepted as relevant on these boards, cleaners of my personal magnitude can't be bothered with noticing pond scum such as yourself.

Have a nice day.

Ok swallower

Rex Tyus

admiralclean said:

Marty, could you PM me your wife's egg nog recipe? It seems to be working some magic.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
To explain the reason and side with Marty its like cleaning an already clean mirror.

And when competing with multiple bids on a job you have to cut corners somewhere.

Mike Draper

admiralclean said:

sorry.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
"I thought some Argosheen and live ammo would be appreciated by the staff to keep the show room looking spiffy and free from darkies"....said Frankie from R & M cleaners...

Was funnier if you ask me.

Mikey P said:
"I thought some Argosheen and live ammo would be appreciated by the staff to keep the show room looking spiffy and free from darkies"....said Frankie from R & M cleaners...

Was funnier if you ask me.

Tell him to put on country music....they will leave....

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I just assume the carpet is dirty when I show up. Do you cover all the carpet with the microscope before you start cleaning? I just go ahead and clean it all. Have I been doing it wrong?

hogjowl

Idiot™
There is a mathmatical formula that indicates how large the grid should be given the weight, fiber and weave of the carpet pile, but in general, the microscope should be moved from left to right, starting at the near left corner of the room and placed 6 inches away from the corner, on the diagonal, and moved on the matrix within the given tolerance of error within the formula.

All this is found in the back of the CCC manual, but is not covered in the class.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom