Snake dundruff

Mikey P

Administrator
My first OP/Encap call back.

Client says carpet looks white-ish and "not right"
I run right out to take a look as they are great regulars of mine
It's a week after cleaning and I can still see the swirl marks from the Cimex and Clark 20 inch Op. Cpt looks hazy.
When I smack the carpet with my palm I can see the magic pixie dust jump up. I've never seen a obvious polymer residue before. Not with any other Encap product.

Turns out their janitorial staff uses those Craig Jasper certified lame ass back pack vacuums...

with no beater bar. :shock:

I called the head toilet cleaner and politely asked that they bring a real vacuum when they came out that night.

Issue resolved.

Pour some diluted snake oil in a shot glass, you'll see what I mean.

Greenie

Yup the stuff is loaded down with "pixie dust" and YES, it does easily vacuum out. Imagine that... Encapoo that works as labeled & advertised. I think "Snake dandruff" is good example of how well the product crystalizes & how easily those crystals vacuum away...
Should we have called it pixie dust instead of old fashioned snake oil?...LOL

Check the valve on your Cimex & make sure it's not leaking. As for the CX (Brute) just flip the head back so the towel is off the carpet & the jets aren't dripping. After the electric pumps get a few hours on them the solenoid gets weak (still works fine though...) and lets the internal valve seat (or not seat) a little less tightly than when new & you get drips/dribbles...

I'm also thinking with the volume of polymer per ounce we should pay special attention to the mix ratio...if 2oz. per will yield positive results, lets not use it at 4.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
On the church we cleaned Monday we used the 2oz and had no issues, cleaned great.

We've not tried it at 4oz, but what were were cleaning was was only soiled in the high traffic areas and the 2oz was doing fine.

4oz must have been too much?

Dandruff!
:mrgreen:

Mikey P said:
My first OP/Encap call back.

Client says carpet looks white-ish and "not right"
I run right out to take a look as they are great regulars of mine
It's a week after cleaning and I can still see the swirl marks from the Cimex and Clark 20 inch Op. Cpt looks hazy.
When I smack the carpet with my palm I can see the magic pixie dust jump up. I've never seen a obvious polymer residue before. Not with any other Encap product.

Turns out their janitorial staff uses those Craig Jasper certified lame ass back pack vacuums...

with no beater bar. :shock:

I called the head toilet cleaner and politely asked that they bring a real vacuum when they came out that night.

Issue resolved.

Pour some diluted snake oil in a shot glass, you'll see what I mean.

I had the same problem earlier this year. I cleaned a commercial carpet and rinsed with Prochem's All Fiber Deep Clean or formerly Olefin Deep Clean and mixed and metered it like the jug said. The customer waited several days after I cleaned it to go back to the store. Well they called me and said there was a powder in the carpet. I asked them if they had any drywall work done etc. I said no biggie I will just go back and vacuum real good. When I got to the building the carpet looked hazy and when I rubbed my hand on the carpet I could see the pixie dust fly up. I thought to myself "man this stuf really does encapsulate." When the owner told me he had spent several hours vacuuming the carpet and he had a good vacuum I knew I was in trouble. I started vacuuming and no matter how slow or how many times I went over the carpet that stuff wasn't coming out. The carpets were ruined. It may eventually come out after like a hundred vacuumings. I told him it was probably residue from a previous cleaning. Nothing I could do about it. The carpet was clean and this place was trashed and not one stain came back.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Daniel:

I am sure you are an experienced cleaner and know what you are doing, so I am not trying to act like you are an idiot, or anything. But, did you consider that your customer could have been using carpet fresh?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom