Snap me out of it

F

FB7777

Since Mikefest Nashville, I have been interested in the Hydramaster 4.8

There is so much room in the rear of the van, and with additional vacuum hoses, air mover, vacuum, tile tools, mop bucket, tool box, traffic paper roll, extra solution hose, carpet rakes, hydro forces etc I have to pile stuff in

Does anyone have the Hydracradle electric reel? Is there any clearance to transport 9 x 11 area rugs above the unit?

How reliable is their external APO?

I like that they now have 3 speeds ( low for upholstery )

Has anyone created a 2.5 port on the top of the recovery tank instead of the 2 - 2 inch inlet ports?

Any picks of your set up would be appreciated, just to see what shelving you have in the back.

Thanks!
Fred
the Butler guy

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I cut my teeth on the CDS 4.8.....pretty good machine......

100_3270.jpg

100_3271.jpg

100_3272.jpg

5.jpg

F

FB7777

nice pix Jim, thanks

did you have that back shelf made ( not the gallon 3 tier shelf ) or was that Hydramaster's option?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the blower shelf's were an option.......and so was the fresh water tank that the reels sat on......
the APO worked great with no problems except replacing the belt was a bitch to get to.....

F

FB7777

it looks like area rugs would fit nicely above that shelf too

thats a perfect configuration for all my tools

I wish they had a 150+ gallon waste tank option but if the APO is solid then its not a big problem

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I am sure missing the siplicity of a direct drive. I don't really know of a bad manufacture of direct drives so for me it would come down to price.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Fred, I've a 4.8 that I bought in May of 2008 but it has the older reel system. It's my 2nd cds the 1st lasted 8 years and is in storage for parts.
We carry rugs all the time over the shelve.
I love having a distributor that can service the machine just 11 miles from where I'm based as vehicle/machine service is not a strong area for me. In your case it would be almost in your backyard :)
I've a boxer in the other van and it'll be my last. From now on all CDS units unless something changes.

If you ever want to see it or have any questions give me a call. I'm sure paul and anthoney have one of the latest installions you could see.

Terry

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I use to haul 12' rugs in my Chevy with my HM CDS. I regretted selling it the moment I sold it. It was a great van and machine.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Terry said:
Fred, I've a 4.8 that I bought in May of 2008 but it has the older reel system. It's my 2nd cds the 1st lasted 8 years and is in storage for parts.
We carry rugs all the time over the shelve.
I love having a distributor that can service the machine just 11 miles from where I'm based as vehicle/machine service is not a strong area for me. In your case it would be almost in your backyard :)
I've a boxer in the other van and it'll be my last. From now on all CDS units unless something changes.

If you ever want to see it or have any questions give me a call. I'm sure paul and anthoney have one of the latest installions you could see.

Terry

Were i worked before i went out on my own we had HM CDS & Butlers everybody like the CDS better. Your right about the Boxxer I'll never buy another, Mine is six years old already two blown engines on the thing :x I'm done with them. But I like slide ins becouse you can buy a used van to put them in, I think I'll stick to oil fired units.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Fred, we have a 2.5 port right off of the waste tank. I was also able to save one of the 2" ports If I ever wanted to use just 50 feet of 2" instead of 2.5. (like extracting rugs)

Chris A

Name
Chris
As a CDS owner I would kill to have that 210 tank out in the field. I do like the Cradle though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom