Snow hose pics

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Would any of you guys in the snow states possibly have a photo of your hoses running through the snow that you could share with me? I'm doing a blog article on winter carpet cleaning. And we don't get a lot of snow down here in Florida. ;)

Reactions: Mark Saiger

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
So why not just use a pic of a snowy icy day to make your point? Hwe extraction guys are suppose to believe it’s ‘mainly’ how the winter slows you down. Yet everyone knows vlm machines are rolled into a building, shut the door, find an outlet and dance away no matter what the weather or season.
Yeah right.
However, There should be a sucker somewhere in here that believes it.

Name
Jeff T
Simple.... deep snow, I run tarps from the van, 10’ by 15’, fold over the 10’, so the tarp is 5’ by 15’. It usually takes 3-4 tarps, no mess, no fuss. I’m working up the mountain on Friday, and will snap some photos for you Rick.... maybe I’ll even get to use my chains and shovels....

Reactions: encapman

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
A pic of a snowy icy day could work. But a picture of cleaners trudging through the snow with their equipment (i.e. a Saiger moment) would be much more powerful.

I'm thinking dragging a 145 pound Cimex thru 100ft of salty slush and snow would be great.

Then show the steps to the second floor and dozens of tiny cubicles

do they make a 12" Ti swivel head Cimex?

the trauma of a hose laying in snow is too much to bear....

:stir:...L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Would any of you guys in the snow states possibly have a photo of your hoses running through the snow that you could share with me? I'm doing a blog article on winter carpet cleaning. And we don't get a lot of snow down here in Florida. ;)
I'm sure Mark has a few videos.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I can get some pics on Wednesday for you as Im off till then. But I do have a couple observations.

As a cleaner, I dont mind the snow. The sidewalk is usually shoveled and if not, I shovel it. The only time the hoses actually go through snow is if it snows while Im cleaning and they go through snow as I roll them up. I sometimes wonder how Im going to offload wet vac hoses for the next job but since the van stays toasty warm, it never seems to be an issue. I did get one of those Hoser thingys but never used it.

I dont mind being slow in winter. Still busy in January so the only "off" months are February and March and those months still pays the bills so its a nice time to recouperate from the year. Now if you add commercial or monthly work, then that would make me even MORE busy during the other months at which time I can make more money doing residential. Commercial is steady, yes, but residential will always be the highest income per manhour. So any additional commercial income made in February and March would be more than offset by residential income the rest of the year. There are only so many hours in a day and so many workdays in a week. you gotta pick and choose.

This coming from an owner operator with 37 years in the biz. Been there, done that.

Reactions: encapman
Back
Top Bottom