So a dilema, with a sub...advice

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ok I will try my best to keep a nice flow on this story, but i just get sooooo pissed that i lose track...

So have this guy i have done quiet a bit of sub work for...Get the jobs done when he asks, last minute stuff etc.. Was driving to cali for a job for him every 4 mths...the 1st/last 2 times, it was under "WE HAVE TO HAVE IT DONE ON THESE DATES OHHHH MY!!!!" so i squeeze them in..

Well in feb. we stripped a job for him. When it was done, I get a call the next day saying that they think we stole a laptop..(It was me, my worker, another worker who stopped to chat for about 45 mins, and my dad who brought me something and took the one worker home) now they have cameras in this place. So I go over there to chat with the police and have a looksie at the tapes.. Their main piece of proof was that my worker had "bumped" the camera with the mop handle. (The camera was mounted in a corner right by the mop sink. It would be a stretch to hit it, but my worker swings that mop around pretty good when rinsing it out)

So even after he bumps it you can see the huge bay door(not the door to the room where the laptop was, but you could see a head go in there) and they had a camera on the other side in a different area.....long story short....they had cameras that catch all movement going out side...also my dad had picked him to take him home...you couldnt stach it in a car..

So know this place wants him(the cleanign guy who i sub for) to pay for this $1700 laptop.. I tell bulllshit unless they can prove it...ok back and forth. Finally i tell him ill cover half(the job was $850) so i forfeit my pay on the job..he is still bugged, and i remind him about when he borrowed my trailer to clean his carpets on how he bent one of the doors.

So i try to kiss his ass as much as possible cuz i have other jobs i do that are good paying...$200 hr type jobs.

But I aint paying for something that in my mind and the tapes proof we didnt do.

This guy is a PUSSY when it comes to standing up to clients hell he flips out if he lost a $50 a mth acct..

So over the course of the last few weeksi ask him about some of these other jobs..which i knew were ready...he him-haws around "no they want to wait..blah blah blah" So i poke into one and chat with the mgr....Well i can see they were just done..so now i am pissed, this dude has just stabbed me in the back..oh did i mention i still have keys to these accts duhhhh.

So after all that here is the questions i have..

1. Of course he is now going to be billed the $850 to hell with him i did it out of courtesy, but if he is going to be this way then i am getting whats owed me...

2. Do you think I could sue this company and this guy for wrongful accusation.. seeing how its going to cost me at least 25k this year..not to mention what it has done to my brain(I mean when you base a biz on honesty and integrity and then this happens) it has thrown me into a tailspin something fierce. and cost me well hows it go..mental anguish(damages)

So i don't know its been a huge mess

danpauselius

Doug, I feel your pain. I lost a $15K/year account last month because the owner's son is bipolar and called our office saying he was going to find me and kick my ass for supposedly calling him "A doof". I never said anything like that, but he didn't care about listening to me, he had already made up his mind. We were out.

Unfortunately, I had to involve the police because he continued to call our office every 40 minutes or so and tried start some crap with my wife (who wanted no part of it).

I look at it like this, I'd gladly give up the $15K to avoid having to deal with this nut case. I've already found a replacement gig which is close to the same dollar amount.

GRHeacock

My take is- the aggravation is not worth the money.

Take a hike away from him, find other customers.

Or take his customers.

Gary

F

FB7777

1. good luck getting the $850 without taking him to court ( not worth it IMO)

2. by giving up the $850 in the first place there is an implied guilt, I wouldn't have offered up that job discount and would have demanded to speak with the accusers face to face with my entire on-site staff present to show that we are an honest crew.

3. Do what Gary says and move on, I've got a few stories in my past as well.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Also, can not sue for lost business without a contract.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Forget the $850. Just go take ALL of his custy's that you cleaned for.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
the reason for not taking the $850 had nothing what so ever to do with guilt...

I was trying to make his life easier, by not going to the accusers, and causing a big stink and possibly him the contract...I WAS BEING A NICE GUY!!!!!

and now this DICK turns around and pulls this???

been there done that on the "just let it go and move on kick"

how ever this has already consumed more time and effort then should have...and now its become A...PERSONAL, and B.....PROVING A POINT TO THIS PUSSY!!!

so while i wait on the advice from a lawyer friend...i am going to finish checkin keys (dont want to give him others by mistake) call him up, take his bill and call him what he is to his face...(part of what makes this so bad, is we were buds) guess not anymore

I mean really he couldnt do the decent thing and call me up and say "hey i am having some issues blah blah blah"

no he has to give it to me with out the vaseline...

ok can you tell i am a bit bitter on this?????

Scott

You sure he didn't take the laptop?

I know if I was accused of a heinous crime like this and didn't do it, I'd be all over the cops and mgt to clear my name - even if I was a sub.

Scott

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
positive...sat and watched video feed for almost 2 hrs..not a chance in hell....

now if it was tools on the other hand...(he was in the middle of a divorce and his wife kept all his mechanic tools)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Being nice only causes you to be taken advantage of. Granted you gave the $850 to be nice and prove that you were nice, it is, has, and will be used against you.

Nothing makes me more angry than being accused of something I did not do. So angry in fact, it makes me appear guilty. I don't really care though, if after my protest that the person is working on false assumption the accusation is continued, I plainly state, "My biggest pet-peeve is being wrongfully accused, please quit."

If that doesn't work, I offer to hit them in the face if they don't shut up.

If that doesn't work, I make good on my offer. (I am a man of my word after all, what message would it send if I didn't come through?)

G

Had a guy I subbed for tell me one time that "you're not man enough to come and get your money". (yes,he had been drinking,alot)

I replied "hold that thought".
I made the 20 minute trip in about 5 minutes.

Police got there as I was beating on his door with my little boys tee ball bat.
Yes,I went to jail.
That fooker left town while I was in there(24 hrs).Walked away from a nice business.
Something about growing up watching all those John Wayne movies....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Even if you had paid the full amount he was never going to call you again.

Move on with your life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom