So how does a new guy with a Porty get booked for the month?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Seller pays. 1/2 upfront and 1/2 at completion.

Buyers are picky they want to "BUY" an imaculate home.
Years ago they would buy a less that clean home. Not anymore.

You can solve buyers objections with your services.

That is why this is a great time to offer this service!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Willy P said:
[quote="Mr.V":1q4d9n7n]I think the "customers perception"

is more like the "cleaners perception"

my experience has been that customers don't care if you have a $2000 porty or a $20,000 TM as long as there is good end results

Thank you - My customers pay for results, not the length of my hose or the CFM of my blower.

I deal with LOTS of property management companies. They pay darn well, IF you pick the right ones. My lowest paying company still gives me .20 a square, and it's only ego that keeps that company as I've done that work for 25 years as it was the first management company I got a contract for. Some only use me for trashed out units, some just for pet restorations, some because I get the job done on time. The key is GREAT SERVICE.

$4000 + out the door next week. with just 2 residential jobs.... :D[/quote:1q4d9n7n]

The TM just helps get more referal of higher end clients. Residential.
Most of the PMs around here will ask you if you have a TM before they will even talk to you.
Yes, you can do great work with a portable..and break your back doing it...but the perception of anyone seeing you haul a porty into a property will be "not impressed"
I don't care how well you clean.

I've been there and experienced it.
I always got "that" look when I did it.
I still got referalls just not as many.
No matter how clean the carpet was, they were not too sure how clean it was.

That is the perception.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
But I will agree

Great Customer Service got me through the porty years...and being able to talk with my silver tongue.

But when I got a TM incorportated into that great service...business shot up in a huge way.

I didn't expect it, but it happened.

I don't believe I was getting the carpets any cleaner with the TM...maybe a little because I was learning how to HWE with the porty and got really good at it over time.

Not too mention being able to do 2 more jobs a day at least.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I do work for a couple PM's. CLeaning condo hallways for 40cents and $3/stair. The cleaners they've had inthe past do such crappy work they are happy to pay for good work.

One here in Sooke I've been working for since 95. Cleaning moveouts at 55cents/ my normal res rate.

I haven't worked for 18cents in years! I'd be cutting corners left and right to clean a place in an hour! Lots of guys doing it. SO it must work. They've been doing ot for years. Maybe that's why I starting to get some calls.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
If I can pull in anywhere from 2 to 4 g's a week consistently, I 'm walking on sunshine. My overhead is dick. My machinery set up is as awesome as portys go and I'm not shy about playing the green card and no carbon footprint and so on. It works really well for me while it might not for everyone. IRDGAS as long as the jobs are steady and the checks clear. :D

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Willy,
Would you make more money in less time and save your back a little with a TM investment?

2 steps back for 10 steps forward.

Work smart, not hard.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
This is my primary market Brian.A lot of high end rental and a lot of high end condos that you can't buy unless you start at 250,000 for a tiny shithouse. All packed into about 15 square miles for easy travel times. Should make sense now. Although everyone from my supplier, realtors, carpet stores, etc. and even past customers their owndamnselves give me tons of referrals to many places that I don't skywalk. But I built my business with property management companies.
A truck mount would be an udder on a bull here, but not a lot of companies can competently service the millions of sqare feet here. I can. :D

CIMG1219-1.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, I hear ya.

A TM is not always the best way to go because of what you just said.

I've been thinking of buying an OP machine for the same reason.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom