So I am on vacation and my guys

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
So I am on vacation and the guys overfilled the waste tank. The float was bypassed many years ago so it shut down on it's own. They emptied tank and restarted. Put wd40 in blower lube ran it for a few minutes then started pump. Water came out of unit and wand but not at full pressure. Any suggestions?

Mikey P

Administrator
It's not clear what you are asking us..

Are you saying that after the water tank overflowed to the point that the blower was shooting out water and now your cleaning water pressure is low?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I didn't think the two were related. Blower and pump are 2 different things...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
same hear, I am on vacation as well with guys working. so far so good. I will see how we do by the end of the week lol,

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
It's not clear what you are asking us..

Are you saying that after the water tank overflowed to the point that the blower was shooting out water and now your cleaning water pressure is low?

Yes i believe that is what happened. the unit is a White Magic 1200.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So I am on vacation and the guys overfilled the waste tank. The float was bypassed many years ago so it shut down on it's own. They emptied tank and restarted. Put wd40 in blower lube ran it for a few minutes then started pump. Water came out of unit and wand but not at full pressure. Any suggestions?

this has been confusing from the get go....it may be eaiser to figure out if we can get clearer information....being your on vacation and getting everything 2nd hand I am sure is not helping you....( or us )..............

tank over filled.....got it....

float was bypassed year ago but it still shut down...what do you mean bypassed..??......if you bypass it then that means it is not working and it should not of shut it down...the high water level should of been picked up by the blower and pushed out the exhaust.........

emptied tank and re-started.....got it....

I am assuming that they sprayed WD40n in the lube port....stuck red straw in port...did not try it with out red straw so it did not go all over the place....and maybe get on belts....
but lube port should be on front of machine (?)...and belts should be protected behind panel (?)....

Water came out of unit....where.....??...I know where it is coming out of the wand....

going off the lack of info on this.....seeing how the 2 are not really tied together.......
off the top of my head....did they start the pump with machine fully ramped up.....???........if so they may have spun/glazed the clutch.........

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Your right I do not have enough info. I will have to wait till I get home. Thanks for trying.

Name
Jesse
The blower and pump are unrelated. I can't see it being a belt issue, you should hear or see a problem with the belts. Also the pump requires so little hp at low pressure you could get by with a single loose belt and still pump just fine. We don't have a float on our 1200 and overflow it all the time. Usually this means the blower filter has to be cleaned because we don't run a prefilter so vac gets reduced.

Here's what I can think of without more info, none of it should be caused by an overfilled tank:
-Low fresh water tank, pinched hose or air leak feeding pump, bad qd, bad hose, pump check valves, regulator fail
-Van not revving up past 1000rpm

Is the pump shaking? Vacuum good?

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Never would have guessed it from being out of town. Not sure if the over flow could have caused it but the thermostat cracked and that is where it was leaking. No part number on it so I will have to trace it through the gauge,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom