So I tried out the Zipper today...

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
7C039566-2A4C-40ED-BF03-8E9CF019E32D.jpeg
Not bad of a wand. Flushes well on open commercial areas. Carpet was not dry by the time I finished the job but considering how much water your moving through it, not bad at all. Well balanced weight at the head to latch onto the carpet.
On residential home, i bit too stiff and a wee bit heavy and cumbersome moving around when your trying to get the heck out of there.

In comparison to the Bonzer, i like the Zipper much better for commercial.

Got this puppy from a fello cleaner that wanted to unload it.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
What’s going on here?....View attachment 95603

That orange quick connect is followed by a shut-off valve which is not seen on the pic. Easier that way for my wands to shut off the water flow and disconnect without wrestling with the quick connect and all that pressure buildup. You already know about that.

It was my first official run/try out on a commercial job loaded with drywall dust. So as to what connections / connectors are best, i dont know yet. Any suggestions forward?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That orange quick connect is followed by a shut-off valve which is not seen on the pic. Easier that way for my wands to shut off the water flow and disconnect without wrestling with the quick connect and all that pressure buildup. You already know about that.

It was my first official run/try out on a commercial job loaded with drywall dust. So as to what connections / connectors are best, i dont know yet. Any suggestions forward?
I like my Zipper on wide open areas. Also works great on apartment hallways if you have someone behind you to manage the hose. I use an auto pump out so I don't worry about how much cleaning solution I use. Flush until it's clean.

Name
Jeff T

Didn’t see the ball valve, but it appears that you’ve got 2 in line filters?
Just thought you were running some unnecessary brass... that’s all...

Reactions: icleancarpetz
Name
Lee Stockwell
Didn’t see the ball valve, but it appears that you’ve got 2 in line filters?
Just thought you were running some unnecessary brass... that’s all...
The filter on the Zipper inlet protects its jets, as you'd expect.

However the filter on the solution line exit, while also protecting downline tools, gives early warning signs of potential hose deterioration inside.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Just a side note. The owner and maker of the ZIPPER WAND, Erick visited our Plant a few weeks ago to purchase a system. Erick is really a down-to-earth common sense person. And, you are correct in stating that he builds a terrific ZIPPER wand which, those other "copy-cats" can only dream of building and being equal. Thus, they can only ride on Erick's coat tails.

A great guy; a great company.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom