So, in a perfect world the Trust would do what for you?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They need to stay out of our marketing.

The "customer awareness" crap is borderline BBB scams.....Just with less exposure.

Leave it as a class to learn how.....and leave it at that.

You can go up the ranks to learn more....and even get a pretty certificate to put on your wall....But they shouldn't/can't govern all that take their class and make someone seem like someone they're not for $50 per whatever.

I've seen the dipshits that take the class.....Certified or not....They're not cleaning my house.

Hell, I've been "certified" (not like that bawb) and I'm a rag spinner now.

See, told ya.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Clark Van Fleet said:
[quote="Bob Foster":1rj1takf]
Would a PR campaign set expectations for customers on what they should see as a quality job. Would it tell of the other services many of us do such as tile and grout or hard surfaces? I think that is a big one right there. It would also drive the demand for education in these "other services".
hell, i donno , Bob
I'm not a marketing guy
Ask Cole or one of the other marketers for the "nut and bolts" of it
i just know why the org never has or ever will grow beyond a small segment of the industry .
It's cause their value after the classes is near nil the average BD
..l.T.A.[/quote:1rj1takf]

To answer your question from my point of view- There is huge marketing value in an organization that markets to the consumer that also trains and certifies. HUGE VALUE! Many O*O's pay the angies list, kudzu, service... for leads. Those companies turn a profit because they have the trust of the consumer. The BBB got smart and is doin this now! Sadly, our industry is behind......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
CleanTrustMe5.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
How about a ..."WAKE-UP DumBass CAMPAIGN"..... :roll:

Inform the consumer that you canNOT clean a room of carpet for "$6.95"

Inform the consumer that you AIN'T getting your "WHOLE HOUSE CLEANED"....for "$99.00"

It is NOT negative advertising..."IT IS THE TRUTH"...!!!!

EDUCATE the consumer that...A reasonable NATIONAL price for the SERVICE..is .25 sq ft....

OFFER a NATIONAL GUARENTEE...."That if a CT member...fails to operate at INDUSTRY standards."
They will FORFEIT their certification's & be BANNED from the CT membership....!
"AND"..."That CT will refer another CERTIFIED COMPANY in the area to guarantee SATISFACTION..!
In essence a PREFFERED VENDOR PROGRAM.... :?:

Believe it or NOT.........BBB STATUS......used to have a VALUE to our Industry... :shock:

Similar to "ANGIES LIST STANDARDS"... :idea:

Offer EACH member a BIO section...on a NATIONAL website...Showing "VARIFIED"....photos of
employee's, equipment, & service SATISFACTION records..... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
DammItt...COLE..."You TYPE to FAST....." :x

You know how to DO-IT right...!!! Why NOT get with the PROGRAM...??????????????????

"I HAVE RAISED MY STANDARDS.....NOW....."UP-YOURS"... :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Maybe if the Trust could do some housekeeping in the industry. File some suits aimed at deceptive and/or misleading marketing and advertisements...does everyone remember the Chem-Who ad with the Castex wand that was pouring out water like a garden hose? Bait and Switch companies, etc. At least issue sanctions.

The BBB is a joke when it come to policing consumer disputes, we need industry housekeepers that won't bow to the pressure larger corporations or franchises can place on them.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
HARPER said:

Inform the consumer that you AIN'T getting your "WHOLE HOUSE CLEANED"....for "$99.00"

EDUCATE the consumer that...A reasonable NATIONAL price for the SERVICE..is .25 sq ft....

OFFER a NATIONAL GUARENTEE...."That if a CT member...fails to operate at INDUSTRY standards."
"AND"..."That CT will refer another CERTIFIED COMPANY in the area to guarantee SATISFACTION..!

Believe it or NOT.........BBB STATUS......used to have a VALUE to our Industry... :shock:

Offer EACH member a BIO section...on a NATIONAL website...Showing "VARIFIED"....photos of
employee's, equipment, & service SATISFACTION records..... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Harper, what school system taught you to spell?

Your sentiments are great, but I lose them because I'm so distracted with emoticons and horrendous spelling errors.

Take care,
Lisa

Take care,
Lisa

joe harper

Name
joe harper
truckmount girl said:
HARPER said:

Harper, what school system taught you to spell?

Your sentiments are great, but I lose them because I'm so distracted with emoticons and horrendous spelling errors.

Take care,
Lisa

Take care,
Lisa

Lisa..
I suffer from.."cRonIc MasTerBaTioN sYnDrOmE".... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I is a very LonLeY DIEeasE..... thathurts

I can't reach the CAPPS...key...Without...loosing concentration of the task @ HAND... :shock:
SpElL-CheCk...jjjjjjjjust scccccare's the HELL-OUT-OF ME.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bob Foster said:
That would also explain the bruise on your forehead.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU ARE CruEl MAN....

You know I have hIred a PeUrTA-rIcAn...to assist in my TheArOpY... !gotcha!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Will that membership include a FREE oriental buffet?

Cooked by mexykins

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
gregcole said:
There is huge marketing value in an organization that markets to the consumer that also trains and certifies. HUGE VALUE! Many O*O's pay the angies list, kudzu, service... for leads. Those companies turn a profit because they have the trust of the consumer. The BBB got smart and is doin this now!

The BBB is being replaced by client reviews. They are more visible and carry more weight.

I think Cleaning Trust is going to find this out also.

A never heard of patch, piece of paper in the office or whatever doesn't mean that much to most clients.

Clients would just rather gain trust by what is said from other clients that have actually used the service company.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Willy P said:
Nuke Cole instead. Free Clean Trust thongs for registrants.Two turtle doves. More sleeve patches.Mandatory membership in my Circle Jerk marketing program.World peace. Whirled peas. a large bowl of Greek yogurt. Lifetime non revocables.

I WANT A PONY TOO!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Doc Holliday said:
Set minimum standards, anything below the standard is considered less than professional quality.

:twisted: NO more Platinium rating for the Rug Doctor. Finally kick portables out of the professional ranks.

No propane either! :p

J/K but Joey must me stopped, he's lost it!
:mrgreen:

Ok, seriously standards for HP, HEAT, PSI & VACUUM do what the SOA was supposed to do.

Alright if we have to have them....standards for portables too. #of vac blowers and stages, recovery CFM, PSI.

We have to remember that The Clean Trust is NOT an association, they are a testing body. We are not members of The Clean Trust, we are certified by them. Don't expect services that you would expect from an association.

More importantly if you not certified by The Clean Trust yet bitching about them isn't that tanamount to complaining about an elected offical yet you didn't even register to vote. ??? :shock:

How's dat for stirring the pot? :twisted:

Caesar on Taco's computer?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Either be a school or be an advertising company.

Don't be both because that's a conflict in my book.

Don't be the police but don't bow down to larger companies either.

free market constitutes restrictions. Shady companies don't last unless they have honest people working for them or they consistently change tactics.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
i agree with Richard in regards to Tony Wheelwright, (Hides).

To many, he's a thorn in their side because they don't like, or understand his lingo.

Fair enough I guess, if you have no tolerance, or are pig ignorant. (Not talkin' about our southern cousins, just a figure of speech).

But to me, Tony has come across as a very astute and knowledgeable person in our industry, even if he does talk funny.

More than what I can say about some previous members on the board of the IICRC that were just in it for personal gain (read money), and infamy.

Tony has always given free, impartial advice, to anyone that has asked.

I for one, appreciate the efforts he is making, to make the IICRC a much better, worthwhile Institute, for all in our industry to partake in.

I do admit that I have been very disappointed in what the IICRC has done in Australia in the past, and am very dismayed at the name change, which I now know the new board "inherited" from the previous, (or should I say "devious"), board, and which the new board was forced to accept, for the time being.

Long story short, the new board will have to lift it's game considerably to retain existing members and acquire new members.

They, (in my opinion) need to re-instate the previous name (IICRC), and promote it more to the end user, the consumer, or, if you prefer, our customers.

Four decades of this name is out there, just waiting for it to be promoted in the right direction, not just to carpet cleaners/restorers, etc;

Lee asked, "So, in a perfect world the Trust would do what for you?"

For me, sweet bugger all, the name is (to me), stupid, inappropriate and does not say anything at all about those that are members, nor what they do for a living.

I hear some say "give it a go", I say, "give me a break", I've spent $$$$$ on various forms of advertising my experiences & qualifications with the IICRC, why the hell should I throw that all away because of some bureaucratic imbecile employed by some advertising agency that knows sweet fanny all about our industry, but say's "we need a new name" to get market share, or words to that effect.

We don't need a PR agency that is going to rip money out of the IICRC, but we do need fresh ideas to get acceptance to the average person looking for our services, be it residential, commercial, wdr, mold, or any other area that we are the experts in.

If you don't tell them (the IICRC), what you want, who knows what they will conjure up.??

Far too many people just quietly sit and watch, never saying a word, then when something happens which they don't agree to, they still don't say anything, they just shrivel up and move on, oblivious to how things may have changed if they had of said something.

How bloody pathetic.

Okay, time to hit the fart sack, it's now nearly 23:00 & I have to be on site at 06:00

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

harryhides

Name
Tony
Thank you for the vote of confidence, Shorty.

I've made a list and you can expect everything to be all fixed up, just so, by ..... say tomorrow.

Say Vinnie, will you be stepping forward to help out ?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
harry hides said:
Thank you for the vote of confidence, Shorty.

I've made a list and you can expect everything to be all fixed up, just so, by ..... say tomorrow.

Say Vinnie, will you be stepping forward to help out ?

HEY...!!!!!!

"I secretly..say nice things about you.." :shock:

If ..."i"... publicly speak well of you..."Your political career would be finished."... thathurts

ps "Your are welcome...for my efforts to get you ElEcteD.."

I will be awaiting ..."the usual"...brown paper sack of CASH... !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha! :lol:

pps Congrat's on your election...!!!! "GIVE-EM-HELL-HARRY".... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom