Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Sold to Andrew Ossana of Phoenix AZ.

Many of you know Andrew fromy events.

Great young man.

Think this is his fourth big truck

A trend I've found troubling is how many cleaners are "hanging up their wands" and shutting down, with no one younger to take over the business, and fewer young people starting cleaning businesses today.

Andrew is the future, and with enough men like him, it will be a bright one.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Don’t count us out Jim.

Not at all Marty

I've I lost every customer I have who is still cleaning carpet past 60, I'm not sure I'd still be in business.

I'm just making sure I have some guys around to do business with when I'm 80.

When I started on the road seeing carpet cleaners in 1979, I was dealing with guys my father's age. Now those guys are mostly gone, and the guys who were my age then (mostly SOBs like me ...."Sons Of Bosses") are closing in on retiring.

There aren't a lot of "third generation" carpet cleaners out there, so I'm glad to see bright and successful ones like Andrew doing well.

Reactions: Numero Uno

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
From what I’ve seen in my long (not yet Bawb long) life, there’s not too many third generation small businesses. If Brady screws up my grandchild like I’ve seen so often, I’m going to be pissy.

It is exactly what I'm seeing too Marty.

I had a 25 year old fellow in here yesterday that is so organized and focused that I was convinced he was just a very young looking 40 year old.

There are some....

Mikey P

Administrator
A trend I've found troubling is how many cleaners are "hanging up their wands" and shutting down, with no one younger to take over the business, and fewer young people starting cleaning businesses today.

Andrew struggled with the VLM concept for a long time being a big truck guy since he got into this at 16 years old but there's now adopted to using a tops. Phoenix for many of his accounts and will soon be purchasing another

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Andrew struggled with the VLM concept for a long time being a big truck guy since he got into this at 16 years old but there's now adopted to using a tops. Phoenix for many of his accounts and will soon be purchasing another

I have noticed the under 40 crowd not being as much in love with the machine as the outcome.

Reactions: Mikey P

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas

I remember when you and Marty and Mikey and I were relatively young guys in this industry. Look at us now. LOL

Chris A

Name
Chris

3 in my service area in the last 3 years, probably all guys you know

• Sad
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Great instructors are retiring And you don’t hear from them like in past years. Carpet cleaning equipment and chemical stores dont seem have a flare or spark to hold cleaners meets, customer appreciates day or technical classes like the days when I started back 2002. It feels sorta of stale out here. Even JonDon here in the northeast does not have the same feel as it once did. Maybe me but don’t think so. I’ve talked to other cleaners and the sediment is the same.
This reminds me I gotta make out to Pembertons for the upholstery class. A gem of an instructor one of a kind possibly the best in the industry that maybe the last of its kind.

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
Not at all Marty

I've I lost every customer I have who is still cleaning carpet past 60, I'm not sure I'd still be in business.

I'm just making sure I have some guys around to do business with when I'm 80.

When I started on the road seeing carpet cleaners in 1979, I was dealing with guys my father's age. Now those guys are mostly gone, and the guys who were my age then (mostly SOBs like me ...."Sons Of Bosses") are closing in on retiring.

There aren't a lot of "third generation" carpet cleaners out there, so I'm glad to see bright and successful ones like Andrew doing well.
hey old owners,
Be sure to tell the new person where you get your stuff. I recently saw some stuff come in from Pemberton's....so glad my son keeps gettin' stuff from you, Jim.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom