So Pruitt

F

FB7777

you getting any dead fish smell odor removal calls off of Sanibel and Captiva Island?

I hear Lake O is taking a nice nitrogen, phosphorus fertilizer crap across the southwest gulf coast and wreaking havoc

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Releasing water from Lake O that should not be sent directly down the Caloosahatchee or St, St. Lucie Rivers. The Red Tide is a natural phenomenon but the blue algae from Lake O adds fuel and enlarges the red tide.
No smell where I live and the wildlife here has returned. Nature will eventually clean the mess but not the time to visit Florida Beaches unless you are above Tampa.

F

FB7777

First time I visited Sanibel was 2 summers back

Thank goodness this wasn’t an issue in July 2016

Name
jack zerkie
I live in the same area for 38 yrs and it's never been this bad I'm on a direct canal to the gulf. The problem is political the problem starts with the sugar cane business and it's multi $$$$$$$ . Now we also have dark green water in the canals killing most of whats trying to live in the water and then the red tide for more problems. The sugar cane been here for a long time and to many pockets will be involved $$$$ politics as usual. jz.

Reactions: SamIam

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
We had the red tide here in N.C. back in the 80's. Before then we could fill a gill net so full of fish two people could barely drag it in. Then the fishing got bad for a decade. It's better now but commercial fishing is taking a lot of the fish. We're still catching some big ones occasionally.

Reactions: SamIam
F

FB7777

That has to be a terrible blow to the fishing and tourist industry

May be they should let their yards go back to being sand
It’s actually the sugar cane fields fertilizer that is the culprit.

Very political issue

And wildlife doesn’t vote and can’t grease wheels

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom