So Shawn York...

Mikey P

Administrator
Your baby has no parents to speak of..

Would you mind tracking down a high rpm shut off switch for me please.

2004 6008 in case you forgot.

Mikey P

Administrator
Blueline never made a manual throttle version so what are the chances?
Even AT could not help me out.

How much down time will having to take that part off in hopes of finding a brand name and part number cost me.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
if i had a copy of the manual for your truck i could find a safe way of eliminating the switch if you cant get one from them.

btw who built your truck?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Mikey P said:
Blueline never made a manual throttle version so what are the chances?
Even AT could not help me out.

How much down time will having to take that part off in hopes of finding a brand name and part number cost me.
I got mine from Chuck at blueline. You can bypass it by connecting the two wires together.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
apparently there is a short in one of the lines that was wire tied together in the cluster f&%k of wires that run inside the panel...... it is causing all types of problems on other components....seems like it is causing a back feed and shutting everything down...............

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Now you must feel great about your Lima Bean decision for a back up!

Mikey P

Administrator
You can see here that the gray harness has a white and two different gauge blacks hooking up to the rpm gauge.

Is there any way to over ride the high rpm shut off by connecting these in some fashion?

eab6b726.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you should be able to take the white one and the thick black one off and put a jumper wire from post to post and emanate the switch.........the thin black one should be just a ground...........

Jimbo

I am curious if the gauge is the actual switch turning off the machine...or does it control a relay?

The way most of the wires are in multiples it looks like voltage being fed to lights...I agree with Mr Martin...I think I would put a volt/ohm meter on the terminals on the right to see what is going on there...after doing that I think I might jumper across those terminals...but of course I defer to Mr Martin.

Very good humor, Mr Stockwell!!

Where is vortexinfo when you need them?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
From what I can see......the switch that is giving you the problem is a micro switch.....it gets its power from one of the red wires..then carries it back to the switch..the switch makes contact and sends the power back threw the other wire completing the circuit.....more then likely it is normally open until the RPM's are ran up and the washer moves away from the switch and closes the circuit...(hard to tell)..if you leave the switch connected and you are already having a short in the cable you could cause a lot more problems..by removing the switch wires and adding a jumper you are passing the entire switch......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the switch does not allow the machine to start at high RPM's....it is more of a safety switch...like if the high level float shuts the machine down and you drain it and forget to unload the rpm's ....the machine torque could twist a shaft or snap a u-joint.....

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Why use a microswitch in a machine that takes up 30 square feet of floor space?

When you dig the thing out call the numbers in to an electrical supply house and ask for a heavier-duty model. Post the info for your friends.

Jimbo

I vaguely remember a mechanical type switch connected somewhere on the throttle cable on my 02 V...might have been where it attached in the engine compartment...if the throttle cable from the machine was turned up to increase the speed of the engine...even the slightest amount, it would not allow the PTO to engage...I don't think it had an interface with the tachometer...but was operated via a mechanical limit switch in series with the PTO control.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
mikey how many wires run in and or out of the limit switch?

should be one in and one out if not mistaken but might be a third independently monitering revs by connection and reading off of the magnetic speed sensor or if the ecm has a tach signal output being read by the magnetic speed senor and translated into a signal that any limit or conventional tach can read and or display.

mikey has th ud (the truck itself ) been operating fine has it ever stalled or died on you while driving?

i am trying to use deductive answers as we do not have vortexinfo.com to look up a logical system diagram.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom