So what happens when >>>>>>>>>

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
What happens when you call your top customer and let him know he is over $5,000.00 behind on payments?

He hangs up :lol: What did ya think he would do pay?

Name
Jesse
People are great.

I got a payment yesterday from a client who's past due 4 months on Janitorial and carpets. The check was for 1 month of carpet cleaning and had a note with it.

"we no longer need your services" is all it said.

So I called to say WTF, wheres the rest. As soon as I said "Hi this is Jess with J2" He yelled "we sent your check out 3 days ago" and hung up. No answer on follow up calls.

My employee said the only thing in the trash in his office the last week was empty coke baggies. I guess that's priority 1.

Name
George Valliant
I wouild go to his office, or where ever this worm hides out, and stand on his desk until the cops show up. Explain to them what the problem is and they should be able to give you some good advice.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
This guy will pay. He has 119 rentals we take care and he collects over $60,000 a months in rents. He just gets way behind and is more than a little strange but he always sends the money.

A couple years ago I was sent a large check and he just said work this off. :lol:

For christmas last year he wanted to send my family to Vegas and he would pay everything. I turned it down :cry:

This is the first time he hung up on me :lol:

Name
George Valliant
He probably had to evict half of his tennants in the past 90 days for non-payment. If he is experiencing a serious hardship I would probably credit him the $$$ he would have spent sending me to Vegas as a show of appreciation for all the work he sent over the years.

Give him a while to chill then follow up with him to see if he has anymore work for you. Then, see if he brings up the money. He knows he owes you and probably doesn't need a reminder. I'm guessing he has much bigger problems then owing the rug cleaner.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
He probably had to evict half of his tennants in the past 90 days for non-payment. If he is experiencing a serious hardship I would probably credit him the $$$ he would have spent sending me to Vegas as a show of appreciation for all the work he sent over the years.

Give him a while to chill then follow up with him to see if he has anymore work for you. Then, see if he brings up the money. He knows he owes you and probably doesn't need a reminder. I'm guessing he has much bigger problems then owing the rug cleaner.

Hey, you're not supposed to be helpful or logical. If you keep that crap up they won't need you in the rubber room at all!

Name
George Valliant
Better yet, let's make an example out of this guy. Have the US Military incircle his compound, shine bright flood lights thru his window 24 hours a day, while playing super loud rock and roll music. Then after the guy goes completely nutz from lack of sleep, drag him from his spider hole and send him to guantanamo bay for a few years of water-board turture.

That will put any future worms on notice who think they can screw the carpet cleaner and get away with it.

G

I would stay home,I can sit around and not get paid for that too.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I worked with a furniture store back in 2002 that was 2K behind..Not that much $$ really (7 month late) when I asked about it the manage stormed off and said I’ll just find someone else to do our work. I pulled the plug on that relationship if he can’t confront the difficult issues he’s someone I don’t want to work with.

Early this year, I had a retailer 12K in the hole to me they where proactive and talked to me even had troubles meeting basic payroll. Not only did I let them slide but I cut some of the bill for advertising exposure, direct marketing to their clients, and continued to do work for them in September I was paid in full and then some. I put my ass out there for their business because it made sense good referral source. The business is extremely appreciative they know I didn’t have to do that others didn’t

No one likes to be late and owe money they cannot pay these are difficult times be creative. If a late client is one you can communicate with you and you can pull some of the IOU in other ways such as piggyback advertising, good will & accolades can be much more valuable than getting your money upfront

Able 1

Name
Keith
rhyde said:
No one likes to be late and owe money they cannot pay these are difficult times be creative.

I have an account that has owed me 1,250 since 9/21.

The job was in an rich part of town actually one of the most affluent around here. I cleaned alot of different businesses in this strip mall type building and put about 10 hours into the project.

The building is in the shape of a horseshoe and there is a courtyard in the middle...

What I think I want to tell the guy if he keeps putting me off is that i'm going down to the homeless shelter Milwaukee every morning to pick up one of those "will work for food guys"... leave him off at the courtyard at 7:30am to get his or her haircut (there is a salon) and to shop till noon(or at least buy something so they can't consider it loitering). I will also pay the homeless man 25.00 for his assistance.

This will occur every morning till I receive the payment! :wink:

I think it would work in this area very well, what do you think?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Coke baggies? As in cocain? I'd drop by in person & inform him that he is delinquent on his bill & you jonesing for your cash. If you don't have it before you leave you may have your associate break his thumbs. He'll either shoot you or pay you. Either way, call the authourities...

rhyde

Name
rhyde
LOL… perhaps that’s the best way to deal with it?

but how many people will you piss off that won't use your service ever?

I’d be less concerned about 1,250.00 right now than the next 1,250.00 job . Is the relationship salvageable is it a cash crunch or is he just being an A-hole? I’d ambush the guy ..corner him and ask the uncomfortable questions ..Politely and with respect. Then have a back-up plan this is a high-end retail ..how about you get some free advertising a billboard, business cards, brochures perhaps in a empty retail space? Any mass mailing for the complex you could be added into.
In exchange cut the bill by ¼- ½ hell give him the whole thing and write it off as a bad debt at the end of the year if you think it's possable to promote your business and generate revenue

can you turn the 1250.00 loss into a 1250.00 advertising campaign?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Good points! I'll have to look into that... Really would prefer the money but if thats not going to happen a barter might be the only way..

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
we had one company get over $8000 behind

went to talk to the owner of the company and he actually didn't know about it and said he would get back to us in a couple of days, pretty big company with a lot of government contracts

he calls back and said "I am sorry I didn't know it was this bad", they bought out one owner and was switching to an employee owned company

He asked us to hang with him and they would fix the problem. Took about 6 month but it has been good ever since and he bumped up his price he pays to us

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
We work for alot of our customers almost daily. I never get in a huge rush for payment because everyone no matter the size of their company gets behind at some point. The funny thing is the people that owe you the most always seem to pay the week you really need the money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom