So what is the latest with the traveling Zipper Jr?

Mikey P

Administrator
Who all has used the touring test unit?

What did you like?
and dislike?
What would you pay for one?
How often would you use it?

Are you ready to buy?

G

George V

What traveling Zipper?

I don't know anything bout a traveling Zipper!

If you said traveling stripper I might. But no, traveling Zipper doesn't ring any bells.

Sorry,

G

George V

Oh, you must be talking bout that wandy thingy!

did it look something like this?
DSCN4995.jpg

Did you get the memo?

It was confiscated by the biggest, baddest, leanest, meanest carpet cleaner to ever walk this planet.

ME.

youcanhavemyzipper.jpg

You got a problem with that?

call 1-800-TUFF-TITTY'S

G

George V

i always pay my dues! even when i was banned.

But this zipper was used and abused when i got it.

I'll negotiate the price with Eric.

shiteatinggrin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
George V said:
Oh, you must be talking bout that wandy thingy!

did it look something like this?
DSCN4995.jpg

Did you get the memo?

It was confiscated by the biggest, baddest, leanest, meanest carpet cleaner to ever walk this planet.

ME.

youcanhavemyzipper.jpg

You got a problem with that?

call 1-800-TUFF-TITTY'S

the biggest, baddest, leanest, meanest carpet cleaner is kinda hard to swallow with passionate pink hoses....... :lol: .........

TimP

Mikey P said:
I was my understanding that after the tour was over that unit was to be auctioned of here to pay for the publicity fees.

The way I remembered what the details were was that Erik wanted it back at the end of the tour, and if you wanted a zipper you had to buy a new one. I don't think the details of the auction were disclosed, but that was probably the intentions all along.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, don't keep it to long!!!!!!!!!!11 Others of us are still waiting to try that thing out............. So we can make a decision to buy one or not....... So there aint no deal being made on that zipper... buy a new one!!!!! No go on and ship it to the next one........... Or else!!!

G

George V

PINK.jpg

publicity fee's?

what does Rob Allen have to do with this?

You losing the weight and someone else stealing parts off it does not classify as publicity.

What's next, valves, glides, jet's, pressure line, or the whole thing turning up missing? Nobody so far has appreciated Eric's generousity and contribution to the cleaning industry. Why should he continue to get f$ked by non-appreciative jackasses.

Besides, if you really want to publicise the zipper why not run a banner ad for him?

Seems like Eric is getting shafted here. Wouldn't you agree?

naaa, you and other's didn't adhere to the "spirit of the agreement". therefore, rendering it null and void.

Besides, posession is 9/10th of the law.

I'll wire the money to Eric tomorrow. He can use it!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
George.................. You are way off................... I will give my honest opinion, when i ever use the machine.. No ones getting shafted.......... Erik has made a good piece of equipment from what I have seen and heard.............. So stop bitching and take some more videos of you using that machine!!!!!! Big baaaaaaaaaaaaaby!

Mikey P

Administrator
George, I just talked to Zippy.

If you continue to play this bullshit game, you're gone for good dude.

I'll give you to the end of the day to tell the story Eric gave me.

G

George V

You big cry baby Mikey!

I was only messing w/ ya...

My Zipper came in last week.

Already Told Eric I'd box his up and deliver it to UPS tomorrow. (i'll pm you the tracking # if it makes you feel better).

EVERYONE - Please make sure all parts you receive w/ the zipper also make it to the next person in line.

Peace

Mikey P

Administrator
**** off George.

You're in no position to do anything with me but kiss my ass.

I should just toss ya now cause it's just a matter of minutes before your retarded self pisses me off again.

Playing on this Board is a privilege granted by ME.
As far as I know you dont even kick in the $5.00 a month that would make me some what more tolerant of your continuing bullshit.

See that Pay Pal Subscribe button down below?, I'd suggest you set up a subscription TODAY for $5.00 a WEEK for me to continue to let you piss in MY yard.

Same offer I gave Connor, take it or leave it.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Thanks George for all your honesty and help with this process.

The Zipper Jr. is going to four more board members. It's going to Jesse from Out of Character in about 2 weeks, then to Gene Miller, Bill Martin, then to Joey (who has been so patiently waiting), and Ron Beatty next. If you would like to get on the list, please PM me. After everyone has had a chance to use it, it will be sent back to me. I'll re-condition it and it will be auctioned off on the board and Mike said he will run me a banner ad.

G

George V

Hey,

the funds for MB get pulled from my account on the 1st of every month like clockwork for the past two years. check again. If your not getting them please let me know.

Yeah, I got a littled carried away again! sorry... I said "sorry" mikey.

You have to admit though. I've been doing a good job of keeping "it" under control.

I almost made 90 posts this time before pissing you the ACE off. :-)

My new goal is to make it to 200 posts before pissing you the ACE off again.

Are we still friends?

Cheers!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the zipper was the answer to a question that noone asked. privately you know behind the scenes I am hearing it sucks. what on earth would be the advantage over a glided wand.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
steve g said:
the zipper was the answer to a question that noone asked. privately you know behind the scenes I am hearing it sucks. what on earth would be the advantage over a glided wand.

When I tested it at the MF I could see it would be quite a bit faster than my Ti wand as you hold the trigger down and clean forward and back with no wasted motion. The spray bar is between two vacuum intakes with two GG so you can just blast through a large area quickly, provided your heat source can handle constant flow for several minutes at a time.

G

George V

Mikey P said:
Who all has used the touring test unit?

What did you like?
and dislike?
What would you pay for one?
How often would you use it?

Are you ready to buy?

Ok, after all that excitement guess I'll take a moment to answer the questions:

What did you like:

1. Quality craftsmanship - appears to be very well constructed. - American made, billet aluminum and stainless steel. should last forever.
2. Low Maintenance - it has almost no moving parts and should require very little maintenance over years of service.
3. Mass - a hefty floor tool. Zipper has good weight to hold it firmly down to commercial or residential carpets.
4 . Performance - cleans as well (or better) than my RX-20's at twice the speed.
5. Ease of Use - If you can push a shopping cart you can use a Zipper. Ten times easier than the RX. no power cord.
6. Speed - On wide open commercial work our average was 2000 s/f hour without breaking a sweat (and my hourly help was really dragging a$$ that day) much faster than wand or RX.
7. Dry Times - Excellent!
8. Light weight - light enough to carry up and down stairs single handed w/ 2" hoses attached
9. Transitions - it cleans carpets edges (from carpet to tile) better than any other tool on the truck.
10. Edging - Excellent along right hand walls
11. Compact - Takes up less floor space in the truck than a wand or RX.
12. Finishing - it leaves carpet fibers prestine requiring no raking or final grooming.
13. Sight Tube - brilliant! You know for a fact the carpet is dry.
14. Handle Bars - Exactly the same width as the cleaning head for edging along walls.
15. Jet Angle - not as sheer as the greenhorn but deeper penetration for better cleaning
16. Head adjustment - easy to adjust head for commercial or padded carpet. adjustment tool intergrated into handle.
17. Price - seems fair for a tool that cleans circles around the RX and costs $1500 less.
18. Water consumsion - same as any 10 flow wand and half of what RX uses.
19. Customizable - Eric can engrave any name you want into the cleaning head.
20. Flexible - Can reach every inch of carpet under king size bed. Reach all the way under restuarant booths too.
21. Heritage - Zipper Jr was created by a REAL carpet cleaner to make his, and other carpet cleaners lives easier. kuddos!

If i had to say in one sentence what i like most abou the zipper it would go something like this;
the zipper cleans better, faster, easier than my rx-20's with quicker drytimes and less learning curve so that any bonehead can get killer results using one and i got more pep in-my-step at the end of a long day.

Dislikes:
1. Edging - hose position makes it tricky to get along left hand walls (hose ports are adjustable. Not big enough deal to even bother adjusting hoses)
2. Residential w/ furniture - not as fast as a typical wand.

Oh crap!!! That reminds me Eric!

I CAN'T SHIP UNTIL I TRY DUAL ZIPPER'ING W/ IT TOMORROW. (I'll try and get some pic's and vids of dual zipper'ing from one truck. This should be interesting).

So it will be tomorrow nite or Tuesday before i can get this sucker in the mail.

Mikey P

Administrator
cant for the life of me I just can't phantom how it could clean "better" than a rotary extractor.

Really has me wondering what else you have your head up your ass about.

G

George V

I'll trade anyone two RX-20 HE's in good contition for another Zipper right now. (retail over $7k).

might even throw in a nice Ninja porty, wand and upholstery tool too! (retail over $1k).

Let's make a deal!

that's over $8k worth of equipment for a measly $2k.

Going once,

G

George V

On second thought,

I might keep my goodies. Everytime i sell a peice of equipment i always regret it.

Probably place another Zipper order in a couple weeks.

That way i can have dual zippers!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mikey P said:
[quote="Doug Cox":3uxmkacb][quote="Mikey P":3uxmkacb]were we ever?

Haven't gotten that yet, so I guess I got a ways to go. lol[/quote:3uxmkacb]

gotten what yet?[/quote:3uxmkacb]

Are we still friends?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I used it and was happy with it

it was harder to push and pull around on plush carpet than a Ti Wand but dry times were better and I was missing one weight
if I bought one I might need a vacuum relief

carpets stand tall after cleaning

easy enough to adjust with different carpets

like the sight tube

customers that like to watch you work were impressed with it, it is something different to them

the left wall was a problem, tried it without the sight tube but vacuum hose was to short, if you had a little longer clear flex tube like on the RX it might solve the problem a little

it wasn't to tough to use in the residential setting around furniture, etc. but it won't go places where the Ti wand can

much easier on commercial

didn't really see anything bad about it, every tool has it's good and bad points

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom