So what's the game plan

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Apparantly, 2019 will be the last year of the regular Chevy)GMC vans, then they are going euro style like everyone else. What is Butler, cleanco, hydramaster going to use for their PTO units? Electrics, hydraulics, wind power?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think it's time to buy a good used chevy. You have a good 10 years of getting good parts for maintenance

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I'm sure for something already established like butler, they already have a working system for the euro style vans. They're just holding of till Chevy phase out.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
probably

is that a firm date now?
That's what I've heard from my local gm dealer. He has no info as to what the new vehicle is going to be like. They may push it back if they haven't a suitable replacement. They are currently selling the Nissan minivan as a chevy, maybe they will use Nissan's full size as replacement.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Apparantly, 2019 will be the last year of the regular Chevy)GMC vans, then they are going euro style like everyone else. What is Butler, cleanco, hydramaster going to use for their PTO units? Electrics, hydraulics, wind power?
Breaking news? The HM folks said they've been assured the V-8 van will be built until 2022.

From GM: “Since Ford eliminated the Econoline full body van, the demand for the Chevy Express has outpaced the supply. We have continued to increase capacity to meet the demand, but we are also seeing significant growth in the van segment which adds to this challenge.”

Maybe they'll sell a euro-model alongside the American one starting in 2019, like Ford did when they eased out of the old Econoline.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ford is in negotiations with Volkswagen for the transporter to be sold in North America. Will compete with the Mercedes metris if successful. If gm is smart, they will bring in a low roof height model for cities that can fit into parkades.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
All I can find is speculation on future GM vans, but if they use a rear drive V-6 there should be little problem running a standard CDS from it.

Ford is in negotiations with Volkswagen for the transporter to be sold in North America. Will compete with the Mercedes metris if successful. If gm is smart, they will bring in a low roof height model for cities that can fit into parkades.
The Transporter would fit between the Transit and City, in case Mama Bear's van is just right.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Jeff T
Maybe this? 321AB7A4-8BCA-4957-A868-8B7EB202D042.png

Name
Steve Lawrence

"Sorry mam, I have a wind powered carpet cleaning machine and it's not windy today. Call me when it's windy."

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom