so whats the verdict on cuffs, flash cuffs??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
my cool cuffs are getting old and I probably should replace them. what is the verdict on cuffs specifically the flash cuffs?? I bought one to try any idea if they are any good???

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
I believe joe has or is bringing out a new cool cuff no air leaks, we use the Mytee cuff links and are happy with them. We had a few sets of the cuff that click but they became a pain after a year so they got tossed

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Steve, come on up. Put some Flash Cuffs on your hose and crank up the truck. See how they perform using your vac hose and your machine.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I use Flash Cuffs, both 2.5" and 2", every 25'. They work for me.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
my cool cuffs are getting old and I probably should replace them. what is the verdict on cuffs specifically the flash cuffs?? I bought one to try any idea if they are any good???
Steve come out Saturday for our CAD. We will be having our second annual Hose Reeling contest and Hydro-Force is sponsoring it this year. Not only can you win the $50 Cabela's gift card but the set of Flash Cuffs and A new Hoser if your have the fastest over all time between the Men and Women's Division. And don't think you will have an advantage over the women :)

Reactions: J Scott W

steve g

Name
steve garrett

is that tomorrow or the first weekend in june?? I won the hose rolling contest at bridgepoint years ago. I smoked the others by a considerable margin. its too bad they quit doing it, they called it the carpet cleaners rodeo. I think I also won the contest with a rotary 175 as well. I cleaned house on all but one of the events. but the hose roll was the one I remember as it was domination. some prizes could lure me in just to do that.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought some flash cuffs, never used them. I couldn't get them to separate off the hose, wasn't going to have that struggle ON the hose in the field.
I got one set of Mytee cuffs, seem to work very well but they don't match with all the orig cool cuffs so I'll eventually get enough sets of Joe's new ones. The only real problem with the orig cuffs is they come apart on the reel if under tension.

Mike Draper

I actually liked the idea of the flash cuffs and how they are built. they seemed stronger than the other cuffs out there. That being said, I could not for the life of me get them to separate. I tried them for over a month, I lubed em, greased em, etc. Every single time I tried to separate them I had to have my assistant pull one side while I pulled the other. After a month of break in period, it got so bad I actually had to cut my hose off and then put the old cool cuffs back on. It would be nice if they had improved them. BTW, I'm talking about the 2.5" cuffs. The 2" were better.

Name
Torrey Whitaker
As much as bristor is in a Internal struggle to put everyone on his no sale list, he still does have the best cuff IMO.

I've had to find work arounds to keep a steady flow across the border..

However I have used flash cuffs and they are the next best thing. I'd be happy using them exclusively if I needed to.

If your having issues separating them, you are most likely doing 2 things.
Your gonna smack yourself in the forehead when you realize this too.

The hand your using the the thumb to depress the button to release them, your pointer finger is most likely squeezing in direct objection on the opposite side on the sliding bar, negating the very force your creating with the thumb.
Seriously try it. Turn the cuff over and look when you push the button with your thumb.

Or the second reason would be your lacking in testosterone.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
ok I used the one flash cuff I bought tonight on a job, so far I like it, I had NO problem disconnecting it even with the machine running. they seem heavy duty to me. my favorite cool cuffs were the originals that had the thin sharp ridges on them and no latch. I even put them back on my hoses after buying new ones because I liked them that much better. but after all these years they are finally done I think.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom