So why are we so.....romantic ...about our tools?

Mikey P

Administrator
Us 5%'rs anyways.

Most AW29/20 year old rustmount guys could give a shit and probably wouldn't notice a difference if you gave them a $1500 wand.

But "us"?... We"ll go though one lint filter after another looking for that fabled Centaur (I hate unicorns) of pure lint separating nirvana, spending hundred if not thousands looking for what most don't see.

How many vacuums have your tried and declared no good in the last five years?

How many commercial super twirling suckers are sitting unused and unloved in your garage right now? Could you sell one to an unsuspecting new cleaner, knowing full well you would be screwing him like you were screwed with false hopes and customer appreciation day drunk on BBQ sauce promises?

Remember the upholstery tool wars of ten years ago, how many of those turds do you still use?

Don't get me started on all the f'n hard surface wands I've gone through, waiting on SOMEBODY in manufacturing to finally see what I do.. Horrible extraction, garbage swivels, hard to control and ergos that work for noBODY? Has noone but Bob Pruitt, Marty and I noticed the LVP revolution going on?

take a deep breath Satan.

What other industry nerds out as even one third as hard as us?

and are they as demanding?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Duh! It is because we are wanting to do the best job possible. If we see deficiencies in the tools we are using then we will always be looking for the tool that will do the best job.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've just found the new love of my cc life. She was soon to be forgotten by the new girl in town that everyone's drooling over. But she has proven to be gorgeous, reliable, and performs well during the cold times. So I made a 6year dedication to pay for her to be in my life and hope the love lasts way more than just that short time.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A couple of years back, the wife of one of my customers came to see me. It was this time of year, right before Valentine's Day.

She asked if we could order a tool she knew he had wanted for a long time, but wouldn't buy for himself, and she wanted to buy it for him for Valentine's Day.

For all the dysfunctional, or at least unrewarding, marriages I've seen, that was one example of a woman who understood and loved her husband.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It seems Marty is always on your mind.
What will you be getting him for valentine's day?

• Haha
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It seems Marty is always on your mind.
What will you be getting him for valentine's day?

Don't be jealous Jimmy....it doesn't suit you. I think I can dig up a valve and manifold assembly in my discontinued parts room that will work on your Castex wand. Will that make ammends?

Sigh....had I only the mindset to see attraction in my gender I wouldn't have the collection of children and ex-wives to provide for.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I finally got my replacement gears for my CRB. It's been a tough week without it. I think I wore out my shoes giving the carpets the old Nike-Shuffle. Time for some coffee then out to the garage to fix things.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Mikey P

Administrator
I've just found the new love of my cc life. She was soon to be forgotten by the new girl in town that everyone's drooling over. But she has proven to be gorgeous, reliable, and performs well during the cold times. So I made a 6year dedication to pay for her to be in my life and hope the love lasts way more than just that short time.

Sixfiddy?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What other industry nerds out as even one third as hard as us?

and are they as demanding?

In the "other worlds" I'm most familiar with
(building trades, guns/shooting, bass and steelhead fishing)
grocery bagger/cart getter

It's pretty much the same percentages.

Most are pack followers that get along just fine, but will be doomed to buying the "latest" de jour trends
... that in 3 years end up in the dusty corner next to the HM's Rotary Drymaster and SS's HOSS
along with Greenie wands, Kunckle valves, Mytee Boss and Worx sprayers

...where most Clip draws and Lil Peedie CRBs will be added to the dusty corner in a couple/few years too (wanna bet me??)

At the top are those that know what works, and as important or more, "why/how" it works better for them (or if it actually does work better) ....regardless of the pack following, parroting hype that surrounds the de jour phenomenon
(exactly the same in the gun and fishing boards too, BTW)

at the bottom are the clueless mOOk class.
Those afflicted badly with the "stupid gene" ...bless their heart

only suitable to repetitive tasks and need to be spoon fed because they don't have a lick of common sense .
Like...let off the dam trigger and stop leaving puddles
or don't put the eggs and bread in the bottom of the bag under the gallon of milk and two liter grApe pops

all said and done, it comes down to this.

"It's the indian, not the arrow"

give me an AW29, a rotary scrubber, a TM capable of 220 with #4 blower and no more juice than will fit on a couple shelves......and I'll make 93.78853333333333333 % of those out there look like 3rd graders

and do the same with a Hi-Point, Snoopy rod or bag of nails, hammer and sheet of drywall.......

I'm crabby as hell this morning

LOOZERS!!!!

.L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Never stop learning and trying to improve yourself. I see so many cleaners that after some years they just freeze. They never buy any new equipment or take classes. They think they know it all and technology just keeps passing them by. The scary thing is these guys think they’re the best and honestly believe it. Ignorance is bliss. I’ve been able to grow my business on the backs of these guys.

It also helps to have a personality and not look like a child molester.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It also helps to have a personality and not look like a child molester.

that's the biggest one ...if they like and trust you, that's 87.9666666666666666666% of the game ...regardless of the biz

They think they know it all and technology just keeps passing them by.

what new tech?
it's squirt and suck, spray 'n wipe or smear pixie dust slurry around .
It ain't rocket science .
The major improvements in the last 30 years, hasn't been the gear.
It's been the juices ....no longer does a cleaner need to be an alchemist for difficult/more advanced spotting needs....there's a bottle on the shelf now for every need

The scary thing is these guys think they’re the best and honestly believe it.

I discovered 25 years ago the majority are simply stupid and don't know it .
It's a fact of life, and getting worse in ALL segments of society and work place.
As the "stupid gene" continues and proliferates at an ever increasingly more rapid pace

..L.T.A.

Reactions: J20770 and Nomad74

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Don't get me started on all the f'n hard surface wands I've gone through, waiting on SOMEBODY in manufacturing to finally see what I do.. Horrible extraction, garbage swivels, hard to control and ergos that work for noBODY? Has noone but Bob Pruitt, Marty and I noticed the LVP revolution going on?
Build one, dude...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
peee-esss

I'll say the explosion of the 'net has been a great improvement too.
at the touch of a button, info (good and bad) is available at one's fingertips .
It greatly shortens the learning curve of those that have enough sense to pour water out of a boot

Then as now though, those don't have that intuitive common sense, are doomed to be hapless schmoes their entire life ...with or without their techknow devise

..L.T.A.

Reactions: J20770

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
that's the biggest one ...if they like and trust you, that's 87.9666666666666666666% of the game ...regardless of the biz

what new tech?
it's squirt and suck, spray 'n wipe or smear pixie dust slurry around .
It ain't rocket science .
The major improvements in the last 30 years, hasn't been the gear.
It's been the juices ....no longer does a cleaner need to be an alchemist for difficult/more advanced spotting needs....there's a bottle on the shelf now for every need

I discovered 25 years ago the majority are simply stupid and don't know it .
It's a fact of life, and getting worse in ALL segments of society and work place.
As the "stupid gene" continues and proliferates at an ever increasingly more rapid pace

..L.T.A.
I agree with most of your spanish. But I'm not above paying bucks for increased efficiency if it doesn't compromise quality. especially if you are a one-man-band like myself. Hopefully I can change that soon. Yes, some items are a joke, like that stupid swivel elbow thing. They got me on that one.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
But I'm not above paying bucks for increased efficiency if it doesn't compromise quality.

absolutely, Damon
But honestly and seriously, you're not a wetawd like most .
You're able to pour water out of a boot without spoon fed directions on the sole

and THAT'S why you're able recognize just how many clueless mOOks there are out there

..L.T.A.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I finally got my replacement gears for my CRB. It's been a tough week without it. I think I wore out my shoes giving the carpets the old Nike-Shuffle. Time for some coffee then out to the garage to fix things.
Yeah, just got mine fixed too. These repairs on not cheap on these gentle gadgets. Spent $1800 on repairs for my 3 in about 3 years. Procyon messed up 2 of em, the 20", who knows?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had an original hydrahoe from 1984. Unfortunately, as I was trying out a new wand, some asshole stole it out my van. That was my old dance partner. I immediately replaced it with a modern one but it wasn't the same. Not the same weight or balance. I still miss that wand.

steve_64

Yeah, just got mine fixed too. These repairs on not cheap on these gentle gadgets. Spent $1800 on repairs for my 3 in about 3 years. Procyon messed up 2 of em, the 20", who knows?
I've had no trouble with my 15 and none with my 10 yet since it got repaired.

Its a new season though.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
LET IT GO MIKEY THAT WAS OVER......15 ..YEARS...............A GO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom