so you think your a green cleaner

Bjorn

you may use green chems and whatnot

what about that gas or diesel powered machines spewing out all those hydrocarbons while your green cleaning?

BUSY BEE

Odin said:

what about that gas or diesel powered machines spewing out all those hydrocarbons while your green cleaning?
exactly well said. it's just a money making scam to sucker bleeding heart/gullible types

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
And it works...but people will figure it out sooner or later....and then, onto the next scare tactic to sell their product.

We're all guilty of it at least a little.

BUSY BEE

Brian Robison said:
And it works...but people will figure it out sooner or later....and then, onto the next scare tactic to sell their product.

We're all guilty of it at least a little.
i know what u mean Brian. it is a money maker just like chem dry's scare tactics. that's why i never bothered, i always want repeat custys how can i come back 5 years later with a "new and improved environmental safe cleaning method" they're gonna think i'm a jerkoff that scammed them for the past years

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm seeing more and more "Green Clean" carpet cleaning companies everywhere...is that a franchise or is everyone just using the name like "Extreme Clean"?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Name some green chemicals.

Is AMMONIA one of them?

DELIMOLENE?

HAHAHahHAhaHAhahAHA!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Odin said:

Where does the electricity come from that power your electric truck mounts? Most of the country is still powered by coal plants. A bigger issue in my mind is what happens to the waste water of the average cleaner.

Walt

Odin said:
you may use green chems and whatnot what about that gas or diesel powered machines spewing out all those hydrocarbons while your green cleaning?

Odin is one of the few that can claim to be "eco friendly" in the truest sense. Even if the fuel to run his equipment is coming from an coal burning factory it is still far cleaner than the emissions from any TM. Point taken.

However based on that line of reasoning, low moisture cleaning would be the "greenest" of them all. We know that isn't what the customer means when they ask for green cleaning. They just want something that isn't going to hurt their family and is going to work well, which is a reasonable. Assuring them that you respect and care about there family is reasonable as well.

On the other hand, those who are using scare tactics to sell their services are no different then ChemDry. If they are not providing a valuable service they will not survive in a down economy.

Mikey P

Administrator
My desired client base is heads up their asses staunch republicans.

Those wanting edible cleaning agents are nine times out of nine flat broke and live in complete shit holes.

Walt

Oddly, much of my clientele is Republican, own a Mac, and drives a big SUV. But they also buy organic milk, own a dog and don't shop at wal-mart.

Bjorn

we pay extra here in Bellingham to get that green electricity

any way the carbon foot print while even using electricity from a coal burning plant is much less than a smoking auxiliary engine or pto

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Yea, I bet those electric motors help by putting some ozone back in the atmosphere too :roll: .

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
You need a big truckmount to make those green cleaning agents work

CleanEvo

Unless you're going to use a pump up sprayer, some terry cloth towels and give the carpets a hand job... no carpet cleaning method is truly "green"

Enough already with the green clean trend. Thats right it is a fad that will burn out sooner rather than later. Back in the 70's the earth was in a cooling phase or atleast that is what the majority of scientists were saying. When the general public wakes up and realizes global warming is the biggest con in decades every cleaner that relies on green clean marketing is going to be screwed or have to completely reinvent their company. I just today saw a scientist on tv claim that the entire world poplulation produces about 30 billion tons of CO2 each year. That equates to about 2 parts per million in the atmosphere. Using a simple math equation he was able to illustrate that if we completely stop producing CO2 that means no cars, airplanes, factories, heat, ac, or anything else that requires power from CO2 producing sources. I mean if we stop dead in our tracks and go back to the stone age it would take 33 years for the carbon levels to reach the point where the earth's temp would cool just 1 degree farenheight. So the idea that limiting the CO2 we produce by buying more fuel efficient cars or using green chems or anything else in this fad then becomes absurd to think it will cool the earths temp. It isn't going to happen.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I think the Green Clean certification is missing the point. There have been some very nasty chemicals used in the past to clean carpets with. A lot of those chemicals were left on the carpet to dry and be absorbed by the carpet and the people who used the house. Many people believe that if the product is made from natural products then it is safer. There are a lot of poisons that form naturally that would still be considered green but would not be safe to use in cleaning.

There are so many lies in carpet cleaning. Look at Chem dry, look at zerorez... Both national carpet cleaners lying and deceiving with their ads. What does zerorez use to clean? Truckmounts and a Cleaning AGENT?

Look at all the fake testimonials and the before and after pictures that were taken off someone elses web site.

Oh yea it is ok because we are an Honest hard working Carpet Cleaner.....

carbsol

I agree fully with the global warming/ Cooling perspective (what is it this week?). However, as has been pointed out there are many different levels of "Green"
1-direct exposure of the customer or operator to the cleaning chemicals
2-impact of the chemicals to the local environment when we dump the tanks
3-impact on local air quality and noise pollution
4-impact on CO2 levels (this can be good or bad depending on whether the Earth is cooling or warming) :roll:
5-I'm sure there are others

I do not know a single "Green" cleaner who makes his claim based on CO2 emissions.
The vast majority of green customers want to keep potentially dangerous chemicals out of their homes. They aren't so much concerned with CO2 or even the disposal issues. They want the warm fuzzies we all show with the baby and the puppy on the fresh clean carpet.

In my business this is what I market to. Our primary product is safe-period. Is drinking a glass full of a cleaning product a gimmick? Maybe it is, but it does demonstrate something very important to the customer- It is not a toxic chemical.

I have one customer who's DOCTOR told her not to have her carpets cleaned because her son had just gone through Chemo-Therapy. She was told by HER DOCTOR to avoid using the harsh chemicals associated with carpet cleaning. I was able to clean her carpets without concern. She was thrilled!!!

I know of of cleaner on this forum who was starting to get chronic headaches from the chemicals he was using. He switched to the stuff I use and guess what-NO MORE HEAD ACHES.

There are a lot of scare tactics used out there and people are starting to see through them. However, facts are facts.
When I tell people that my cleaner is totally non-toxic (don't insult me by telling me that in high enough quantities even water is toxic), and does NOT leave ANY sticky residue, I am not using scare tactics. I am telling them facts!

I DON'T EVER INSULT MY COMPETITION. I KNOW (AND ACKNOWLEDGE) THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF REALLY GOOD CLEANERS OUT THERE. I also point out that I run into a lot of residue from past cleanings by others (which is totally true) and guarantee that I will not leave any(which is also totally true).

OF course I market "GREEN". Green by the definition that I've spoken about is VERY important to many of my customers. However, I get most of my business by repeat and referral.

If I had deeper pockets I would get a hybrid or something. But for now I have to settle for my gas guzzling box van(that works).
Nuff Said. Iseeru

Name
I'm Rick James
Odin said:

You can never be truely green in this industry. I have never been asked what my hydrocarbon output is. I use green cleaning products and offer a great service. I stay out of the political side of green. I have used the butyl based cleaners and for me it really bothered me breathing it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You can never been green in any industry or life in general.
We are put on this earth to devour it and the guilts kills us.

Or look at it the other way.
We are green in everything we do...everything we touch, breathe or "create" comes right here from earth.
People are so High and Mighty to think otherwise.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
When customers ask, I always tell them we've used green cleaning products since before it became a fad. I also tell them that we aren't going to compromise cleaning effectiveness to suit some individual or group that has no cleaning knowledge, but thinks writing regulations that sound green is good enough.

That usually gets a laugh, or maybe a question about whatever group's website they just visited. Common sense wins almost every time, and if it doesn't I'll gladly let them get their cleaning done by a green huckster.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I tell them I use products safe enough for me to use everyday. They only get exposed once a year maybe.

As far as fuel, I burn propane. A lot cleaner than gasoline and diesel, though I do use a diesel truck to get there. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom