Soap Free Products Anyone use Them

ErikG

Im thinking of change in my chemicals . Has any one used Soap Free Miracle upulstry Cleaner.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
yeah i use soap free. like it. it works better with boost all mixed into it though. i really like it for upholstery. it works good for typical residential. I hear it works better with high heat tm equipment. person you should talk to is rob lyon, he loves soap free.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I use "soap free" Prolon from brigdepoint. Tried some others and did't like them as much.
You know that "soap free" is just a BS term to let you know it won't foam up right? Not too many cleaners have soap in them.
But hell, if the custy likes it you won't hear me bitchin.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I use it as an emulsifier. It works well on carpet. It also works well for upholstery though I do not use it on more delicate fibers (I prefer lower p.h.)

One thing I found interesting and I'd like to know if other people had the same experience.It seems to work better on lighter colored carpets. Also I have a client with two dogs, in the past I used an enzyme pr-spray and dry slurry and it did well. Then I used just soap free as an emulsifier without an enzyme pre-spary and it did even better. I wish I knew the reason.

On the other hand with a client that had regular food soil, green colored carpet, Dry slurry performed better.

Go figure.

Mike Draper

I use soap free about half the time. One important thing......When I was running about 195 at the machine it seemed as though I was leaving a small amount of rez. ( I checked multiple times after carpet was dry) Even if I rinsed super duper well, I use a rv-360 so that's easy to do. However, when I put in my Exhaust HX and was always runing over 240 at the wand, It cleaned 10x better and never left a trace of rez. on carpet. Just soft carpet every time. So I personally would not use it if I couldn't produce high temps at the wand.

R

R W

I use Procyon exclusively for carpet and upholstery. On really nasty jobs, I'll use a stronger pre-spray. I know a lot of cleaners here put the shitz on Procyon, but it has served me well for over 15 years. It is a little pricey, but haven't all the chems gone up? I just know it will always work on any carpet or fabric.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
R W said:
I use Procyon exclusively for carpet and upholstery. On really nasty jobs, I'll use a stronger pre-spray. I know a lot of cleaners here put the shitz on Procyon, but it has served me well for over 15 years. It is a little pricey, but haven't all the chems gone up? I just know it will always work on any carpet or fabric.

I used Procyon for a couple of years and loved it. The only thing was it ate the brass fittings. I just thought it was normal for all chems to do that until I got educated on it.
The Prolon I use is the same thing (so I am told and have seen) but doesn't eat brass.
Try a gallon of it for awhile and I think you will like the results.

Also, I can get a case from the local guys. I don't have to have it shipped like Procyon...which started getting real expensive..

Oh and it's a liquid which mixes alot easier.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
soap free or Judsons is about all we use with the execption being nasty olefin

not to dirty then soap free as a pre spray and soft water rinse

dirty then switch to the Judsons

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I have used Masterblends Soapfree for many months; its adequate for lightly soiled residential carpet. For something really nasty youll have to lay down a real good prespray, ultra Pak or its clone Matrix TLC work real well.

Recently I tried Magic Wands version of Sopafree - Magic Potion and did not see much difference between the two. I dont see these types of STPP rinses as having much cleaning power. I recently tried an experiment with Magic Potion, mixing 16 oz to a 5 gall jug and 16 oz of Purple Power. This mix cut thru the nasties better than Dry slurry IMO.

TimP

What about the masterblend soap free product. How does it compare to the others?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I prefer the liquid Procyon to the powder. It actually has more degreasers in it.

Have not compared it to the Masterblend product, but at 2 to 4 oz per gallon in the multi-sprayer, it's NOT expensive. The ONLY time I need to give it a boost is when I clean a nasty olefin or poly, then I use some sodium percarbonate in it.

If you are adding Citrasolve, then why bother using this type of product? Seems counter productive to me.

You need to pre-spray ahead to give it dwell time, and of course aggitation works wonders. Also, I found the hotter the pre-spray the better.

Moser Bros.

Element 8 works better than Procyon, and it's less expensive. I boost it with energizer on white carpets and rince with liquid Formula 90.

Moser Bros.

A good friend of mine test everything first and told me the Prolon leaves a residue that Procyon and Element 8 don't.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've used both Procyon and Prolon extensively. No residue from the Prolon. he may have mixed it heavy but I dont think it matters. I remember when I would mix Procyon heavy it would leave a powder that was noticable.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I haven't used the stuff and probably will not. I don't like the name of it, it helps perpetuate the myth about carpet cleaners going out and saying we don't use soap like the other guys to clean the carpets. noone has used soap to clean any carpets in decades, soap has animal fats and lye in it, have you guys been using that stuff :roll: I also don't like the term detergent free, or mam we don't use detergents, so there is no resoil issues like the other guys, deterge is a latin word that means to clean, so if it cleans its a detergent, it would be nice for people not to mislead customers. something with a name like soap free just perpetuates this

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
steve g said:
I haven't used the stuff and probably will not. I don't like the name of it, it helps perpetuate the myth about carpet cleaners going out and saying we don't use soap like the other guys to clean the carpets. noone has used soap to clean any carpets in decades, soap has animal fats and lye in it, have you guys been using that stuff :roll: I also don't like the term detergent free, or mam we don't use detergents, so there is no resoil issues like the other guys, deterge is a latin word that means to clean, so if it cleans its a detergent, it would be nice for people not to mislead customers. something with a name like soap free just perpetuates this

There's a good reason to not use a good cleaner. :roll:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Brian Robison said:
[quote="steve g":sy0czubx]I haven't used the stuff and probably will not. I don't like the name of it, it helps perpetuate the myth about carpet cleaners going out and saying we don't use soap like the other guys to clean the carpets. noone has used soap to clean any carpets in decades, soap has animal fats and lye in it, have you guys been using that stuff :roll: I also don't like the term detergent free, or mam we don't use detergents, so there is no resoil issues like the other guys, deterge is a latin word that means to clean, so if it cleans its a detergent, it would be nice for people not to mislead customers. something with a name like soap free just perpetuates this

There's a good reason to not use a good cleaner. :roll:[/quote:sy0czubx]

hmmm, did you read brevicks comments?? every now and then he does make a good point. soap free by name implies that other stuff has soap in it, no carpet cleaning chemical I know of contains any SOAP!!!!, not only is this stuff the same ole repackaged STPP with a misleading name, it don't clean for shit anyways.

Greenie

One of the fellas that originally put together "soap free" before it was sold to MasterBlend, is a friend and cleans our carpet at the house from time to time, back then it was called the Miracle cleaner or something like that, anyhow it is an excellent product and I would say it's probably better than most of the above listed chemicals, when you are running it as a rinse and you run the jug dry, you know it immediately, you can't blend that line for nothing.

Now that said, the same fellow above also runs Judson's O2 rinse, he really likes it as it's "soap free" as well, He chooses one or the other depending on the job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steve G wrote

hmmm, did you read brevicks comments?? every now and then he does make a good point. soap free by name implies that other stuff has soap in it, no carpet cleaning chemical I know of contains any SOAP!!!!, not only is this stuff the same ole repackaged STPP with a misleading name, it don't clean for shit anyways.

My comments in this thread said that the "soap free" label is BS as well. But some of them clean well and they don't foam.
I believe that is the selling point. No "soap" no foam.
Not the same thing I know, but some don't know.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Is it dishonest to call HWE steam cleaning?

Or, is it an accepted generalization?

As "steam cleaning" is to HWE, "soap" is to explaining what happens when any number of cleaning products aren't rinsed.

Sadly, enough folks have experienced "sticky, soapy" residues that it's smart, not misleading, to explain in language a layperson can understand that the products you use won't leave a fouling residue.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
How about "Residue Free". That's not too hard to understand...but I get why they say "soap free" I really do.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Master Blends Soap Free & Judson Juice O2 Pre Spray & O2 Extraction is all you need for typical residential, JJ is being used on pet jobs, area rugs & upholstery rinse but Soap free as a PS & rinse is hard to beat.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Wayne Miller said:
Is it dishonest to call HWE steam cleaning?

Or, is it an accepted generalization?

As "steam cleaning" is to HWE, "soap" is to explaining what happens when any number of cleaning products aren't rinsed.

Sadly, enough folks have experienced "sticky, soapy" residues that it's smart, not misleading, to explain in language a layperson can understand that the products you use won't leave a fouling residue.

Good point Wayne.

I like Judsons juice allot, but my market responds well to no odor and a fresh water rinse. I find liquid Procyon as a prespray and soft water rinse cheaper over than any other prespray/rinse combo. I pay $25 up here in Canada per gallon and only use 2 oz per gallon of prespray. Less on upholstery. On wool I use DFC 105 which is wool safe and get outstanding results. It IS more pricey, but I charge more for wool anyway.

I admit I don't clean nasty rentals, but on any home owner's residence I have never felt I needed anything 'better'. Just more aggitation. I do have awesome heat though.

There are so many variables to cleaning, that a statement such as "a buddy tried them both and this one is better" is stupid. You need to try a product yourself over a week the way you normally clean to make a fair comparison.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom