Soap making fragrances and scent free encap…

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
So I was thinking about offering some deodorizer options, deodorant blocks, and air freshener type products to commercial clients. Maybe some type of package that goes with cleanings over a specific dollar amount or frequency.

One idea that I’ve been kicking around is adding their choice of scents to the encap (scent free) using fragrance concentrates from the soap and candle industry. There are thousands of options. My concern is compatibility with the polymer, so I would have to do some testing.

It would seem that some delicious cake scents or whatever would be an easy way to differentiate me from the rest of the pack, as well as make the lady in the office happy.

Decent idea or incoming train wreck?

Reactions: SamIam
F

FB7777

So I was thinking about offering some deodorizer options, deodorant blocks, and air freshener type products to commercial clients. Maybe some type of package that goes with cleanings over a specific dollar amount or frequency.

One idea that I’ve been kicking around is adding their choice of scents to the encap (scent free) using fragrance concentrates from the soap and candle industry. There are thousands of options. My concern is compatibility with the polymer, so I would have to do some testing.

It would seem that some delicious cake scents or whatever would be an easy way to differentiate me from the rest of the pack, as well as make the lady in the office happy.

Decent idea or incoming train wreck?

54E3565F-9B66-444E-B036-543ED365CE6C.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Try selling these:

Reactions: AlienAgent

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This ^^

why awaken the office Karen to an issue that didn’t exist before you cleaned and deodorized ?

When you clean in someone's home, you have 1 customer to deal with (the wife. The husband doesn't care much what you did as long as you didn't knock over his beer can collection).

When you clean in a commercial setting, you have dozens, maybe hundreds of "customers".

The company may pay you, but any one person working there can decide that you gave them a headache, cough, rash, GKW....and then they need to call off work until you get rid of "that smell".

F

FB7777

When you clean in someone's home, you have 1 customer to deal with (the wife. The husband doesn't care much what you did as long as you didn't knock over his beer can collection).

When you clean in a commercial setting, you have dozens, maybe hundreds of "customers".

The company may pay you, but any one person working there can decide that you gave them a headache, cough, rash, GKW....and then they need to call off work until you get rid of "that smell".
We got chewed out by a charge nurse for leaving a citrus scent

She had to go out an chain smoke cause it was making her nauseous

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I’ve considered the office Karen angle… maybe include something in a liability waiver/ work order signed by the decision maker?

Plenty of places are ordering deodorant type items with scents for their facilities.

This simply an option offered they may choose, not an SOP.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I’ve been adding Gain scent beads to my waste tank and between the foam and paper filters on the Shark for about 2 years now. Everybody makes positive comments as I’m vacuuming about how much they love it, so that was kind of what got me thinking about using this as a free optional add on.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

I had a woman like that in class once.

She was really upset about solvents and fluorochemicals and their potential effect on her body. She explained how careful she was in her diet, as "my body is a temple" and that sort of thing.

Then she excused herself to go outside and have a cigarette.

I guess it is like ordering a hamburger, fries, and Diet Coke....

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich

Healthcare has a high percentage of Karens. Especially day shift’ers. My wife is a night shift nurse, she refuses to entertain the idea of working days. Too many fakes and snitches.

Mikey P

Administrator
too many people paid attention in SFS about having a unique USP.

and too many people think they could create one with methodology.

ZR/CD/SS all have their USP and they advertise like crazy to let the public know how unlike those pesky owner operators they are.

Just be you, and hopefully YOU isn't one of the 95%'rs with no personality, and shitty wand technique.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

That can happen without any odor as well. When they see you spraying, they automatically think the worst.

steve_64

I’ve been adding Gain scent beads to my waste tank and between the foam and paper filters on the Shark for about 2 years now. Everybody makes positive comments as I’m vacuuming about how much they love it, so that was kind of what got me thinking about using this as a free optional add on.
I buy the odorcide specials here. Fresh scent is my favorite.
I use it in my rinse and prespray quite often. It's a soft fragrance and my waste tank never stinks anymore.
Carpets and furniture are left with a soft fragrance that last a day or two.
I really like doing it this way.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
I'm not sure how essential oils would work in encap, we have lots of positive feedback using them in prespray. After we switched to Procyon I wanted to add a scent to give the perception of clean / fresh. We get our products from this company https://www.newdirectionsaromatics.ca/products/essential-oils/ We use peppermint and or lemongrass. Very cost effective purchasing in 17oz bottles.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I buy the odorcide specials here. Fresh scent is my favorite.
I use it in my rinse and prespray quite often. It's a soft fragrance and my waste tank never stinks anymore.
Carpets and furniture are left with a soft fragrance that last a day or two.
I really like doing it this way.
I’ve used the Odorcide Fresh Scent in the waste tank and as a post extraction deodorizer for years too.

Just looking for more options. Something to use in my marketing.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich

ZR/CD/SS all have their USP and they advertise like crazy to let the public know how unlike those pesky owner operators they are.

Just be you, and hopefully YOU isn't one of the 95%'rs with no personality, and shitty wand technique.
I’ve been being myself the whole time and it works well enough with those who know me.

Outside of that, I’m looking for something to offer other than boring them to death with all the pre vacuum, pre vac the edges and corners, pretreat, spot treat no extra charge, air movers as we go, post grooming type of stuff.

I find carpet cleaning to be viewed as a commodity, but when you get technical with the client, the eyes glaze over.

To me, releasing a new scent every month or so, or having seasonal fragrance packages, is just something to talk about. Just an excuse to contact them and put my brand in front of their face, one more time.

Reactions: Matt Middleton
F

FB7777

That class is taught by one of the creepiest people in this industry

Found a sucker to buy his business , became a real estate landlord and followed the old mantra

“Those that can’t , teach”

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just target the customers who use the plug in cancer causing air fresheners. Give them a healthy alternative like that stuff I suggested above. If you get too much backlash, just consider it a lesson learned and take another angle at improving your services

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Joe, the delicate........scent ..........of...........Summer's Eve ........fits....you
I was wondering how long it would take before the short bus rolled up…

Thanks for the intelligent input and best of luck with your business!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
That class is taught by one of the creepiest people in this industry

Found a sucker to buy his business , became a real estate landlord and followed the old mantra

“Those that can’t , teach”
Doah Steve ain't creepy hahhha

steve_64

I’ve used the Odorcide Fresh Scent in the waste tank and as a post extraction deodorizer for years too.

Just looking for more options. Something to use in my marketing.
I keep using it because it works.
Clean and sanitized is a good marketing approach.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom