Soap making fragrances and scent free encap…

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Just target the customers who use the plug in cancer causing air fresheners. Give them a healthy alternative like that stuff I suggested above. If you get too much backlash, just consider it a lesson learned and take another angle at improving your services
I also use the FreshWave Gel odor treatment. Seems to work well and OK around pets and kids. I usually place it in a location that they forget it's there.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Tom Forsythe

Fragrances need to be limited in encapsulants as the residues can cause premature soiling. Remember pre-sprays and rinses are extracted, but not encapsuants. We have one version Brush & Vac from Groom Solutions that has no fragrance and limited odor from the raw materials. Encapsulants should be judged on what the carpet looks like right after cleaning and what it looks like 30 days after cleaning. https://blog.aramsco.com/encapsulation-balancing-cleaning-and-soil-resistance

Reactions: AlienAgent

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Fragrances need to be limited in encapsulants as the residues can cause premature soiling. Remember pre-sprays and rinses are extracted, but not encapsuants. We have one version Brush & Vac from Groom Solutions that has no fragrance and limited odor from the raw materials. Encapsulants should be judged on what the carpet looks like right after cleaning and what it looks like 30 days after cleaning. https://blog.aramsco.com/encapsulation-balancing-cleaning-and-soil-resistance
I usually add 2 ounces of deodorizer to 2.5 gallons of encap. I'm hoping that's not going to affect it too much. I have been having good success with encapped carpets staying cleaner longer than hwe'd carpets. All cgd.

Reactions: Tom Forsythe

Tom Forsythe

I usually add 2 ounces of deodorizer to 2.5 gallons of encap. I'm hoping that's not going to affect it too much. I have been having good success with encapped carpets staying cleaner longer than hwe'd carpets. All cgd.
This dilution should meet the balance of adding fragrance without trading away soil resistance. This is a sweet spot that should me followed.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Tom, I’m looking towards fragrance concentrates. I’m guessing (have not ordered any for testing yet) that they would be added to the encap in milliliter per gallon or perhaps drops per gallon rtu.

Do you think there would be an issue with re soiling at that low of a dilution? I always figured the resoil issues we see with adding too much of typical fragrance/deo products was from the surfactants in those products (probably to bring the oily fragrance components into solution).

Tom Forsythe

Fragrance concentrates are easily overused and can vary from one fragrance to another. Generally most deodorizers formulated and sold by our industry would not create issues at the dilutions of 2 oz. to 2.5 gallons.

Reactions: AlienAgent

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom