Soapin it up

Farenheit251

Had an awful white nylon in a rental today. I wanted to soak it good with prespray so I presprayed at 600 psi and used only a third of a jug spraying heavy FR,BR ,LR,DR. FR wasn't cleaning worth a darn.
I remembered what Scott Warrington said about the hydroforce pulling more chem at lower pressure and I resprayed at 250 psi and used the 2/3 of a jug left on just the FR. Not something I'd recommend for every job but I do alot of trashed vacants. For 15 years I've tended to turn up the pressure to prespray trashed carpet when I should have been turning it down. Thank you to Scott and Mikeysboard.

G

you would think somebody would add a pressure regulator to the hf itself.Why would you need a ton more pressure to apply prespray ect..

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
boazcan said:
if you were spraying protector through the hydroforce, what pressure would you use? and what jet size to go with it to get the correct 4:1 ratio?

thanks.
For the high-pressure model (designed for sue with truckmounts), apply protector with pressure reading 400 PSI at the machine.

Use no colored tip in the draw tube. Use the standard 8006 spray tip that comes on the HydroForce sprayer. Keep in mind that brass parts do wear with use. The hole gets larger. For most accurate dilution, change the tip every 6 months (+/- depending on use.)

If you are applying protector to 400 sq. ft. (an example) then put enough protector in the jug to do 400 sq. ft. Move fast enough to use about half the amount, then apply the other half perpendicular to the first application. If you have any left, apply it to the heaviest traffic lanes. This will assure even coverage.

Scott Warrington

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
boazcan said:
If I change the jet to an 03 or 04 will it draw less concentrate or just put down less total?

I don't know. I never tried it and measured.

Gues work tells me it would be delivering less volume and also reducing the speed of flow through the venturi. The fluid passing through the venturi slower would draw less chemical. So less chemical and less concentrate, but not sure of the proportions.

I suggest you test by putting a measured a ount in the jug - say 1 qt. Then spray into a bucket until the quart has been used up. Measure the amount in the bucket to see what your actual dilution ratio is after you make the change.

BTW - A smaller tip will produce a smaller droplet size. Then more of whatever you are sprayer will aerosolize and hang in the air as a mist. More likely to be inhaled by someone before it falls to the carpet.

Scott Warrington

Greenie

Smaller tips are a bad idea any which way you slice it.

Put a huge tip on it, turn down the pressure a bit and hose er' down.

Where is Rex when you need him?

Rex Tyus

boazcan said:
If I change the jet to an 03 or 04 will it draw less concentrate or just put down less total?

It will draw MUCH less concentrate. If any at all. Further more a hf for protectant is a bad idea in my opinion. They are not accurate enough for that or upholstery ( even though I have soaked a few old sofas :twisted: )

The HF is for speed and volume not accuracy. I have experimented with a gozillian tips. The fastest highest volume tip is the white pressure washer tip (aka SUPER SOAKER) rated at 4.5 GPH (this is a VERY important thing to note) anything smaller will NOT draw worth a shit. With no syphon tube ratio tip it will pull roughly 4-6 to 1 depending on heat and pressure.

The most consistant is the standard 8006 that comes with it. It is pretty close to the noted ratios but keep it below 400 psi if you want to feel safe. If you run higher pressure pull out the draw tube tip.

They vary so much from one to another I suggest doing a bucket test once a week until you get a good average on your specific HF.
Greenie said:
Smaller tips are a bad idea any which way you slice it.

Put a huge tip on it, turn down the pressure a bit and hose er' down.

Where is Rex when you need him?

How was that? :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom