Soil Filtration-Charge extra?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Was listening to Cleaning and Restoration Association online meeting about soil filtration.
They were talking about charging so much a foot, or up to $10/stair.
Anyone charge extra for it?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Yes... we do... people have a funny way of valuing things sometimes.. We tried offering the whole enchilada like you at one set price... the same people who didn't like that price. Would still purchase our services if they saw the cleaning for less and an add on service of filtration soiling removing.

I include most spotting, but any advanced treatments like Pet decontamination, Organic stains or synthetic dye stains get an add on charge for the extra time involved and or return visits.

You sound surprised Ron, yet you are the one that says charge what you need to do the job right. Why work for free?

Now we don't do anything unless the customer knows it up front. We don't up charge after the fact, and if comes out with the regular cleaning.. alot of times it does. Then the charge is dropped from the ticket. I always attempt regular spotting first. But if I have to move to hand scrubbing and extracting using fels naptha or filtration soil removal. Then we charge about $2.00 a foot.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If there is just a little, I'll include.
If there is more, I charge extra.

It is not normal wear and tear. It is a condition related to the installation of the carpeting and the construction of their home.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kolfer1 said:
If there is just a little, I'll include.
If there is more, I charge extra.

same here.
we charge a fair price for resi.
SO if it's one small wall, or under a door or two, there's no additional charge.
if it's whole rooms, halls and all over the place, we tell them upfront BEFORE we do it.
With an explanation of the natures/difficulties of removing filtration soiling

same for red and/or complex stains .
One or two is no additional charge ..a room full is

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Depends on their concern, how much is affected and what their expectations are. If they just had a little at a door or closet and don't care too much, then most likely no charge.

However if they want it gone and it has been there a while and will take a lot of extra time, we would probably charge a flat fee. $50.00 -$100.00 depending on the length of time it would take.

This would be estimated ahead of time, not used as an upsell or bait and switch, but as specialty spotting separate from the charge for cleaning.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Yup what they all said^^^ Though I agree Ron.. with chemistries as good as they are now.. using O2 or other great products, I think I may have had to charge extra only on one job in the l ast 3 years. Of course that job at 85 feet of it.. e charged for 50 of it, lots of scented candles that filtered through the lofted bedrooms.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
We charge extra to remove these, their treated as a stain. We quote the price for removal up front.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom