Solar electric truckmount???

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
In the video he says the vacuum is supplied by 8 blowers. I wonder if he is referring to 8 electric vacuum pumps instead of blowers. If that's the case, then I don't see 8 vacuum pumps holding up to the same lift a 59blower could perform. Maybe it could compare to the CFM when there's no water in the vacuum hose.

But besides that, it seems like a cool looking setup

Reactions: SamIam

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Ok, Thought I built the 1st hybrid solar cleaning machine.

20240401_111128.jpg 20231231_123430.jpg MockUpAlternative.png

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
8 blowers (vacuums) !? mine only has 3 and the suction is higher than my 370.
with 8 vacs, I would think his battery packs would be depleted after an hour. ( only a guess. did no math and pulled that number out of my ass haha)

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I didn't see anything about heat. On the front of the machine it says something about cold water. Lack of heat is the biggest problem with electric truck mounts. Takes an enormous amount of electric power to generate truck mount style heat. Would probably still need a propane or diesel heater.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Made in china batteries make good fire as their EV's do
The problem IS the owners fail to follow safe charging protocols.
Only charge your batteries to 80% to be safe.
IF you charge to 100% and the weather gets hot- the batteries will be unstable as they will basically be Overcharged to over 100%.
The charge level is an estimate and the weather conditions effect that estimate.
On a super charger, it might only take 30 minutes to get from 5% to 80% but 90 minutes to get from 80%-100% as the charge rate drops for safety reason.

Reactions: SamIam and BIG WOOD

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I didn't see anything about heat. On the front of the machine it says something about cold water. Lack of heat is the biggest problem with electric truck mounts. Takes an enormous amount of electric power to generate truck mount style heat. Would probably still need a propane or diesel heater.
I spent alot of money and time to make a heat exchanger what would take the muffer exhaust heat from the small generator that would charge up the batteries. But it failed-- water go into the muffler tail pipes.
decided to shelf that for a bit and went with propane heater for now.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
The 370 is designed to be used with 4 flow.

2.5 for the 1st 50'
Dev filter
31k rpms
14" at 100'

All I, you, and we need for rancho residential projects.

But if you knock the system out of balance, well, there goes your free time...

Reactions: sassyotto

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Still doesn't show what the temp of the water is, but it does show how much water is in the recovery tank. That feature should be applied to all machines, not just truck mounts for it would prevent many problems when the float switch fails

And the 45-60day build time is kinda embarrassing. Reminds me of the Texas and Atlanta garage truck mount builders that did that and nobody got their machine. Those guys need to find an investor to partner with so they can have a dozen or so already made to deliver the product in a reasonable time. I already don't trust them

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Solar is a very dilute energy source. I can't imagine that those 4 panels on the roof of the van even make up for 10% of the systems energy during use. And one would need a seriously epic/heavy/very expensive battery bank to get through a small job. I know its a hybrid. I just wonder how much the off grid aspect really supplements operating costs vs the initial investment..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what's an "8 motor pvc tube blower box" ?

I'm with Bryce.
No way in hell solar will power chit .

I'd like to see the floor space it takes up with batteries, lectro mount, waste tank. 8k wt generator (for "long run" time*)

*being the cynical mofo I am...I suspect after the first hour and half long job (IF the batteries last that long) the rest of day's jobs will be running the generator to feed porty vacs.
Unless the van alternator feeds a "fast charger" to get an 80% charge in a 20-30 minute drive to next job, you'll running the gen on every job

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I'm with Bryce.

I'd like to see the floor space it takes up with batteries, lectro mount, waste tank. 8k wt generator (for "long run" time*)

*being the cynical mofo I am...I suspect after the first hour and half long job (IF the batteries last that long) the rest of day's jobs will be running the generator to feed porty vacs.
Unless the van alternator feeds a "fast charger" to get an 80% charge in a 20-30 minute drive to next job, you'll running the gen on every job

..L.T.A.
Which becomes a gas powered truck mount. Still don't know what they are using for heat.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce

..L.T.A.
That would make more sense, if they put a serious DC to DC charger off of the van's alternator recharging between jobs. Still the whole idea seems a bit loopy to me. Guys need like 6 to 10 fully charged 100 amp lithium batteries to run their RV air conditioner for one day in the desert. A tm demands serious juice.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Solar is a very dilute energy source. I can't imagine that those 4 panels on the roof of the van even make up for 10% of the systems energy during use. And one would need a seriously epic/heavy/very expensive battery bank to get through a small job. I know its a hybrid. I just wonder how much the off grid aspect really supplements operating costs vs the initial investment..
I do have expensive battery packs which are charged by my solar panel on the roof of my shop and can also be charge at ev charging stations.
But you are correct, solar not as good as gas. This was a vanity Green wash project. But haven't had to pay for fuel yet on my EV van.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart

I'm with Bryce.
You are corect
you can see the setup in my photos. I could have redesigned to save more space. but this is 1st version.
Probably correct. it won't be my main van.

..L.T.A.
My van is an EV, so I don't think it has an alternator nor a way to power one. however I can charge my batteries through a 12 volt outlet on the van. nice touch but sorta lame. but all the little bit help.

I like being the 1st:
1st to promote "green healthy cleaning"
1st to have Vortex in my area.
1st to run my Vortex on used vegetable oil
1st to have EV van for carpet cleaning
1st to have Hybrid-solar ETM.

Name
Nate W.
You are corect

you can see the setup in my photos. I could have redesigned to save more space. but this is 1st version.

Probably correct. it won't be my main van.

My van is an EV, so I don't think it has an alternator nor a way to power one. however I can charge my batteries through a 12 volt outlet on the van. nice touch but sorta lame. but all the little bit help.

I like being the 1st:
1st to promote "green healthy cleaning"
1st to have Vortex in my area.
1st to run my Vortex on used vegetable oil
1st to have EV van for carpet cleaning

1st to wear bedazzle jeans in carpet cleaning

:lol:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

what are it's advantages to you, PeeJay?

I'm not anti lectro.
How many hours can you get "better than 370 performance" run time?
and how much charge time for run time?
what I mean is, will 10 hours house current charge time yield 5 hours run time?

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom