Sold the TM and bought a portable

Willy P

Name
Willy P
In the last week I've not made less than 125 an hour and as much as 200 an hour running a porty. Dick Richard I can see where your coming from. With nothing but one story sod houses and dug outs as well as the double wides for the wealthy in Kansass, there's no nèed. Do you fertilize the "carpets" as an add on or is that an extra?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
20180510_160535.jpg
Yep not many with indoor shitters round here.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Today my first 2 jobs were $400 each done with a TM. My next one was $250 done with a portable and my last one was $150 done with a portable. How many of you guys are willing to turn up your nose at $400 for 2.5 hours work?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Your friend is an Idiot!

I bet he is actually very smart!
In a city with a lot of highrises, limited parking and companies not willing to use a portable-- he could make a lot of money.
to survive, you need to adapt to your environment-- the dodo bird couldn't adapt- so it became extinct.

My guy would like to get more portable jobs because those customers usually tip very good and his total commission is very impressive---

randy

Name
Randy
Tell your friend to leave the portable in the van at all cost, unless there is just no other way. Tell him to buy a VIBE and use that on multilevel condos/ apt over a few floors. Much easier, faster and profitable. If he doesn't like OP, point him in the direction of a Whittaker Trio.

Portables just suck up way too much time with the filling and dumping. Autofill & dump is a nightmare, don't even let him go that route.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Tell your friend to leave the portable in the van at all cost, unless there is just no other way. Tell him to buy a VIBE and use that on multilevel condos/ apt over a few floors. Much easier, faster and profitable. If he doesn't like OP, point him in the direction of a Whittaker Trio.

Portables just suck up way too much time with the filling and dumping. Autofill & dump is a nightmare, don't even let him go that route.
Swirling the dirt around on a residential carpet is as much a hassle as using a portable. We are not talking huge jobs here. Average condos run from 1 or 2 bedrooms of carpet to maybe 1000 sqft. Filling and emptying the porty is simple. Most jobs, I only fill once. Use a 5 gallon pail to fill from the bath tub or sink, which ever it fits under, while the pail is filling, plug in the machine and set up your hoses. The machine is full when you are finished setting up. I use a hydra-force just as I do with the tm. Dirty water dumps back into a 5 gal pail and then down the toilet. What the hell is so complicated about that. Using a powerful portable with 2-3 stage vac motors, a 500 psi pump and an inline heater with give you truck mount results with very little extra labor. Adapt your system to the type of work you are doing. I can usually bring everything I need inside in one trip. Exception is if I need to bring in a scrubber or something. I agree with autofill/autodump somewhat. If your float sticks, you may have a flood and have to call Chavez. All the rest of you guys hating on portables are either machine racists or sissys.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’d like to quit using my portys, Bane and otherwise. My truckmount also, my scrubbers, walk behind and riders, buffers, electric and propane, Cimex or rx20, even trailers. Heck, I’d like to sell you all my chimps, but dang it, I like to eat more than you all!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Well, I hate electric high speed buffers with a passion. But, I have places like alters that have steps that I have to use 2 ramps to get a propane buffer up on. If I would let my chimps do it, they’d chip a step or something. So electric it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom