Solo sprayers

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Lets start with the good. I like that they are white so the chems don't show, have plastic unbreakable wands and have a built in wand holder. shiteatinggrin

The bad. The handle already won't stay locked so when you carry it the jug slips down jarring you unexpectedly. the bottom rounds out when you pump it so it won't sit flat. If the solution is hot it will round so much it falls over. I would have to say i already a little disappointed . the check valves constantly stop working and allow 0 flow. :cry:

Can't somebody make the perfect sprayer. maybe i'm to particular but these are only a month old.

gene

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The Solo that I have has a more donut bottom so it doesn't round under pressure.
Has a pressure relief valve, wide open mouth to pour stuff in, long plunger so you're not sitting there going nuts pumping.

After a while, I find the trigger starts to stick and the relief valve sticks.
I've bought several pump sprayers and Solo was the best of the bunch, even with its problems. Plus it was easier getting parts. When I've tweaked my mods a little more I'll post what I've done to mine to make it easier to use.

Steve Manier

Get the Clean & Seal deck sprayer that Lowes sells in the paint department...It's a 2 gallon pump up for about 25 dollars...It's better than the junk they sell in the lawn and garden dept. It's Tan/beige tank, brown lid, all plastic including wand and pump, made to spray solvents, and comes with different color spray tips... I have ran so many chems, solvents, and scalding hot water through them with no problems The only thing I have ever had go wrong with them is the pump craps out after alot of use, then I just replace the whole sprayer... I always have 2 just in case...Definately the best pump sprayer I have ever used. Great pressure relief, handle lock, and wand holder too!

highsteam

Name
Alberto
Steve Manier said:
Get the Clean & Seal deck sprayer that Lowes sells in the paint department...It's a 2 gallon pump up for about 25 dollars...It's better than the junk they sell in the lawn and garden dept. It's Tan/beige tank, brown lid, all plastic including wand and pump, made to spray solvents, and comes with different color spray tips... I have ran so many chems, solvents, and scalding hot water through them with no problems The only thing I have ever had go wrong with them is the pump craps out after alot of use, then I just replace the whole sprayer... I always have 2 just in case...Definately the best pump sprayer I have ever used. Great pressure relief, handle lock, and wand holder too!

Is Chapin the brand? Im gonna look for it, need one asap!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i have the donut bottom with the extra piece in the middle for strength. it the 457 and its has some great stuff but it won't stand up when pumped up. the anti leak valve stops all spraying just randomly. the rep. is supposed to take me to lunch to check out the problems. well see. :shock:

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom