SOLUTION HOSE LIFTERS/NO GRASS BURN

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I picked up some GRILL LIFE 18" shish kebab skewers at the local hardware store today.They come in 6 to a pack for $2.99

They have a "O" at the top of the skewer that you bend open to form a cradle for your solution hose to rest in.

For hose runs across your "Clients" (LOL!) lawns so you won't burn the grass.

I keep them in the pouch behind the van seat.

Rex Tyus

Jimmy,

What kind of wimpy ass grass is in Nebraska that a Cleanco can burn lines in.

-JB-

Name
JB
When I ran my TM I carried an extra 100ft. with me at all times so I could write my company name and phone no. in the yard with the burnt grass...great free promotion idea huh?

You use it ya got send me a quart of oil for the Gremlin, I'm gettin low.

Way better that colored hose idea!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah it looks real good to the custie when the next day they see dead grass where your solution line was.

Have you ever had a call to go back and replace the dead grass from some pissy customer?

For $2.99 it shows that you are a professional and care about their property.

G

I bought the ones Joe Bristor sells. Those things are awesome. From the pictures in Cleanfax they didn't look as thick as they really are. They are built real nice.

Dave

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Jimmy keep it to yourself and repackage them with a
"Ladwigs Famous Burnt grass solution line Solution" label on it
bet you get $23 a package

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a really neat procedure in place that keeps me from having to worry about burning grass.

I don't run my freaking solution lines across grass.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I think that is a great idea Jimmy. Today I had my vacuum in the yard with my solution line bungeed to the top of it so it floated over the grass.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
In the 80s a fella had a similar version...

I have a about 20 of the plastic versions with rolling hose guides,so it suspends and moves as you reel your hoses...

But we took wire candle holders that the glass jars inside broke...

Snipped them,so they could hold a 2 inch hose then bent them on a horizontal angle...

But its plain old ingenuity and out side the box thinking...

Attaboy Jimbo...

But a lot of stores like wal mart,clearance houses ,nurseries have similar items...

found some great hose holder hooks on the floor at walmart...

Asked how much and the clerk shook his head an said buddy got a million of them things...They use them for something else...

He said take em...i did...

Just a heavy duty plastic hook and a 2 inch cordura nylon wrap...nice...

Rex Tyus

found some great hose holder hooks on the floor at walmart...

Asked how much and the clerk shook his head an said buddy got a million of them things...They use them for something else...

He said take em...i did...

Just a heavy duty plastic hook and a 2 inch cordura nylon wrap...nice...

I bet the store manager would have had a different perspective than the clerk and yourself.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
admiralclean said:
I have a really neat procedure in place that keeps me from having to worry about burning grass.

Ditto. It seems to me it would be easier and faster to just avoid running hose on the grass than go through the trouble of setting these things up.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Apparently they don't have HIGH END homes in Alabama like they do here.Trailers are built on concrete slabs....no grass.

Greenie

admiralclean said:

Freakin' lawn darts!

I'm with marty just go around.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Jimmy parks ON the grass.

Probably charges a "ding me" for the aeration provided by the year-round studded tires and his new premium shish-kebab skewer lawn treatment.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
dave rampage....

so those things are pretty well built??
i was thinking about getting a set to see but if you are happy with them i will but a few.
in a perfect world you can keep the hose off the grass but i would say close to 1/2 of what i do i need to cross some grass somewhere.
it just cant be avoided sometimes.
thanks
dave

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
We use something like what you are talking about at the corners of the flower beds to help keep us out of the plants. Think corner guards for outside.

Tony

John Watson

Your right, PTO's parked next to house with extensive greenery. Got a call the next day from the client, 4 of her prized plants were burned by our truck exhaust as we cleaned her carpets. She has a party planned showing off her home tomorrow she tried to prune the damaged areas but the plants looked horrible. She called the greenhouses and found replacements $180.00. This happened 14 years ago to my son Jay on a $150.00 job. That day I ordered a High Temp exhaust hose Which only came in 10 foot lengths for another $150.00 to route away from or just put under the truck.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I always try to go around the grass, sometimes when I can't I try to invent something, or just move the hose every ten minutes. (which can be a real pain.) Where I am at you only burn the yard April through Beginning of September, so more than half the year you don't have to worry about it.

-JB-

Name
JB
Nowadays when I run my solution line across the grass people look at me like WTF!
"Why is he running the hoses from the utility sink out the door, around the on the grass, and back inside the house!"

I only do that when I'm REALLLY REALLLY BOARD! :roll:

GRHeacock

When I first got my Ballweber machine- a CDS- and burned a couple of shrubs next to the driveway, the next day I went to an auto parts store and got a 12 inch curved exhaust tailpipe extension that was fastened on with screws.

This directed the exhaust towards the back of the van, instead of straight out.

It is still there. never burned another bush or flower.

Gary

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
desert_landscape.jpg
Grass ???? :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom