Solution Hose

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I lost a goodyear hose this weekend and want to try the synflex at jon don or the parker hose form cobbs. Anyone use these or have a different source. Of course every job I need 200 feet of hose now.

Thank You

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
never used Synflex
but have been using Parker for 17 years or better, if that tells you anything.

it will be stiff and curly as hell when you first get it.
after a month or so of use it relaxes .
It will never be as flexible as Ineptune, but is lighter and not near hot to touch.

No "instant" failures like ineptune either.
The outer jacket will blister and develop pin spray leaks when it's kaput

..L.T.A.

Name
Eric Valentine
meAt said:
never used Synflex

It will never be as flexible as Ineptune, but is lighter and not near hot to touch.

..L.T.A.
I would have to say the same thing as meAt, except I have only been using Parflex for a little over 4 years now. I have 65' as my lead hose, and 200' of ineptune in 50' lengths.

Name
Nate W.
meAt said:
never used Synflex

..L.T.A.

Then you just cut off the damaged part and have someone recrimp with a new fitting right?

Speaking of which, I have 3 50' lengths of paraflex I got in a deal. The coupling on the end looks to be corroded on the inside and whatnot. My question is, Is it worth it to cut off about afoot and recrimp? Does the hose itself get clogged up? The hose itself looks to be in good condition. $15 per side to recrimp is what I was quoted.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Nate The Great said:
meAt said:
never used Synflex

..L.T.A.

Then you just cut off the damaged part and have someone recrimp with a new fitting right?

Speaking of which, I have 3 50' lengths of paraflex I got in a deal. The coupling on the end looks to be corroded on the inside and whatnot. My question is, Is it worth it to cut off about afoot and recrimp? Does the hose itself get clogged up? The hose itself looks to be in good condition. $15 per side to recrimp is what I was quoted.

Don't you guys use the screw on ends instead of crimping them? They are reusable just cut off the damaged part of the hose and unscrew the end and then screw them back on. Hose fixed. :) No crimping needed. You need a cutting wheel to cut the line cleanly though.

Name
Nate W.
everfresh1 said:
Nate The Great said:
meAt said:
never used Synflex

..L.T.A.

Don't you guys use the screw on ends instead of crimping them? They are reusable just cut off the damaged part of the hose and unscrew the end and then screw them back on. Hose fixed. :) No crimping needed. You need a cutting wheel to cut the line cleanly though.

screw on ends? I never seen those. Sounds pretty good though, you got a pic and place I can get them from?

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
screw on ends? I never seen those. Sounds pretty good though, you got a pic and place I can get them from?

4401-6S_small.jpg

You should be able to find them at any power washer supply store you screw the base into the hose counter clockwise then you screw the end into it clockwise simple, :mrgreen:

Name
Nate W.
everfresh1 said:

4401-6S_small.jpg

You should be able to find them at any power washer supply store you screw the base into the hose counter clockwise then you screw the end into it clockwise simple, :mrgreen:

Nice..... Thanks for the tip..... Could you find a smaller pic???? :twisted: What's the cost on those puppies?

Sorry to highjack your thread.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
everfresh1 said:

4401-6S_small.jpg

i "think" those might be steel braid hose, Jamie?
Parker and Synflex are plastic.
do they make 'em for that type too?

That's what I do, Nate
I crimp my own

if the line is in good shape, I'd cut and recrimp.
parker is $2 bucks a ft to buy new

"clogged up" ?? the line can/will get scaled up
it can be descaled just like a TM though

..L.T.A.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
"
think" those might be steel braid hose, Jamie?
Parker and Synflex are plastic.
do they make 'em for that type too?

Yea Larry those ends are only for steel braided hose. I thought thats what he was using, They won't work on plastic. Thats one reason I don't use plastic.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've got 100ft lengths, Tornado and Parker.
I like the flexibility of the Tornado but I am liking the Parker more. It never has relaxed for me after a year and a half, but I coil it in such that it doesn't get all twisted. Works very well and keeps the heat in.

lance

I'm not sure but i think the "screw on" ends are only for emergency use UNTIL the ends can be crimped just like the factory does it.

It's a good idea for when a hose end blows but is would think with lots of heat and pressure, a factory quality crimp would be the best.

Larry Cap, how much do you think it costs to be able to crimp Parker hose at home instead of taking it to a shop? How often do you have to recrimp the hoses you use?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
lance said:
Larry Cap, how much do you think it costs to be able to crimp Parker hose at home instead of taking it to a shop?

I don't know what the crimp tool cost, Lance.
Rawknee (a guy that got out of the biz years ago) said he bought a hydrolic crimper for for $300-400, if I recall

How often do you have to recrimp the hoses you use?

not very often
It depends how hot you run.
a steady diet of 250+ temps ATM will blister the outer jacket with in a couple/few months.
It's always the first couple ft of line at the TM.

at "normal" temps (200-230 ATM) and just occasional mega temp use, (which is how we roll) they it last a good long time .
I might have to cut and recrimp one every 800-1000 hours, I'd guess

..L.T.A.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I'm not sure but i think the "screw on" ends are only for emergency use UNTIL the ends can be crimped just like the factory does it.

Actually the screw on ends are JUST AS GOOD as using a crimper, And last just as long. But like I said they are only for steel braided hose, but if you use that type of hose they can be used over and over pretty convient if you ask me.

Joe Bristor

Do the recrimp Nate if they're in decent shape.
I frequently recrimp Parker Parflex for my custys.
They can get an extra 6-12 months.
$15/end is high but maybe not for where you are.

TRUE :arrow: "Actually the screw on ends are JUST AS GOOD as using a crimper, And last just as long. But like I said they are only for steel braided hose, but if you use that type of hose they can be used over and over pretty convient if you ask me. "
I sell a lot of reusables for GY and Tornado.
Both have held up well. They go for $9 ea, worth it since you can reuse them.
You DO need a disk grinder or Dremel cutting disk (not a hack saw) cuz it's gotta be a clean cut.

Joe Bristor

Doug, they did discontinue.
I still have some. Durable, but too much memory and kinks easily.
I use it for wand supply lines. Super lightweight.
And being 1/4" ID, it is a good choice for guys who like high flow.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i use the self threading ones on the outside only. i prefer the crimps for inside the house. I have never had either come off so I guess it is just as good.

gene

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Louis;

The latest batches of Parker hose have been a little more flexible.

I guess the factory has been able tweak the polymers.

Larry

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
The original Synflex hose had the best and smoothest cover in my opinion.
Wish they would put a smoother cover on the Parflex.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I think I am going to try the parker hose, But of course my prochem upholstery tool hose just blew to take that money away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom