Solution hose

Name
Swani
Most of the time in residential I start at the farthest point away and work my way out of the house. It would be nice to be able to reduce sections of hose and line as I work my way out but I only run a ball valve on my lead line at the connection to my wand. Does anyone run ball valves at all their connections or have a way so you can disconnect a section and keep on working without having to reconfigure your lead hose?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I was brainstorming with my ideas of being some genius inventor one day, and I always thought that a spring loaded live vacuum and solution hose reel would be cool if we could control it somehow while we were backing towards the truck. YOu'd have to have corner guards everywhere and it'd have to be a single hose with not brass connections to make it safe. Plus, it'd have to be probably a goodyear because they don't grab corners like the others. Just a thought, but a cool one

Reactions: Living The Dream

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
How long are your runs?
And how big is the blower?

I can see it helping with very long runs and not so powerful a machine. Otherwise, unless you're one of those that like to squeeze every inch of performance out of their set up, it ain't worth it.

If you do, just wrap one of them heat shields around it and it won't Marty anything.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have ball valves on all hoses. My hoses are all between 100 and 125 feet. I don't usually don't need more than one length for residential. Times that I do, that ball valve is out of the house anyway. Today I am doing a commercial job with 225 feet of hose. One ball valve in the building aside from the one on the wand. As long as you don't drag the hose recklessly, it's fine. An absolute necessity if you have a leak.

Name
Swani
How long are your runs?
And how big is the blower?

I can see it helping with very long runs and not so powerful a machine. Otherwise, unless you're one of those that like to squeeze every inch of performance out of their set up, it ain't worth it.

If you do, just wrap one of them heat shields around it and it won't Marty anything.
My runs vary from 150' to 300'. I've got a 47 blower. It's not so much for performance but also for hose management.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We rarely broke off solution hoses even on large jobs. We would remove vac hose as we could but usually not solution.

Most of our solution hose had a small handle cheap shutoff valves. Not to take off but for use as a backup should the lead line valve fail.

We would just pull the excess solution hose outside away from your work area.

steve_64

My solutions lines are 200 ft on a hose real. I like to strap them together to the vac hose once they are layed out and just pull them back to van as I'm going. I lay them out like a snake not in a pile so it all wraps up easy when I'm done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom