Solution hoses harder to connect

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
Is there a reason my solution hoses are getting harder to connect prior to starting job? Once I ps using my hydro force I close the ball valve and bleed pressure off before connecting to my wand...but it’s bit of a struggle now just to connect solution hose after applying my ps.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Doesn’t that swell the gaskets?
Of course, no reason to ask you that.
May be some of the real cleaners will answer.
And I’m not including Larry.

Reactions: Willy P

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
cartoonbabywithamiddlefinger.jpg~c200

lta

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I believe the heat and pressure causes the male qd to flare making it harder to get the female over it. I have ground some to get a little more life out them but replacement is best. I rarely have it happen with stainless steel but brass ones fail often.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Yep. The pressure make the bearings pein down the Male fitting flare. You can use a pocket knife to trim the flash a bit, or a file if you have one.

O-rings also get stiff from heat and probably, chemical exposure. A little Vaseline, silicon grease or for that matter, chapstick on the male fitting will rub off and make insertion easier. First one of you pervs who suggests KY jelly gets kicked outta Sunday school.

Bottom line is if you do not use something, you are chafing and abrading the o-rings. Use lube.

Reactions: FredC

steve_64

I've washed mine with water but never lubed. I just replace them when they get to be to much trouble.

Reactions: hogjowl
Name
Steve Lawrence
If your fittings are not going on easily they either need cleaning and lubrication or replaced if pressure is going past a closed ball valve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom