Some GOOD gas news

DannyD

I didn't read that particular link but I've seen on the news where petro is supposed to fall to $3.50/gallon. It's kinda messed up when we're happy fuel is $3.50/gallon eh?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Yup! That's what the problem is- when "they" achieve that we look at having 3.50 for a gallon as a good price! Remember about ten years ago how much we paid???

I myself almost feel a little satisfaction if I find gas under 4.20... Sad.

On the other hand: I have a lot of family and friends in parts of the world where gas is 6-7 bucks per gallon!! So I can only "complain to my friends" here but not there. Its just funny that they tell me how they wish they had our current prices. Which means there it was already achieved that the "normal price" should be high.

America: don't allow opec and government taxes on gas to make it get there.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
.... of course its not going to the "dreaded 5 or 6.00 a gallon. its a marketing ploy... get people to think its going to be so high and sneak the price up to $4.00 and they take the fear off.. meanwhile they already have the prices higher than when they started.

Ryan

About the same prices as the 80's. In 1981 the national average gas price was $1.35, that would be $3.24 in inflation adjusted terms for today's dollars. $3.50 will be a little higher, but not much.

It always cracks me up when old people talk about how cheap gas used to be. They don't realize that up until just recently gas has been lower then the "good ole days".

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Obama announces an inquiry into traders, speculators, commodities brokers and virtually instantly prices drop.

As soon as we the sheeple start forgetting and looking the other way - it'll start trading higher again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom