Some great responces to today's email..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Mike, I'm with John

You'll not change, and I've given up trying, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to take advice from men as different as John, Lee, me, and others.

There's a message in there somewhere.

I don't expect you to agree right here and now, but give some thought to what we're trying to tell you.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mike would you send that email to your customers? well that's just what you did. It wasn't professional at all. Less then 1% of the registered user post here. Why do you think that is? People can skip by or block certain posters they find vulgar but the owner of the board sending that to thier email? Your smarter then that mike.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim Pemberton said:
Mike, I'm with John

You'll not change, and I've given up trying, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to take advice from men as different as John, Lee, me, and others.

There's a message in there somewhere.

I don't expect you to agree right here and now, but give some thought to what we're trying to tell you.

Careful Jim.....BewaRe of the ..."CODE RED"..... :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hey my astricks is puckered because you act like the mormons cant handle it :x :x :x

how exactly do you get the message across John?? ifn you got bogus posters, names, emails and the like....do you wanna sift through that shit???

Blanket email was fine....i woulda maybe got a little nastier but thats me.....

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike would you send that email to your customers? well that's just what you did. It wasn't professional at all. Less then 1% of the registered user post here. Why do you think that is? People can skip by or block certain posters they find vulgar but the owner of the board sending that to thier email? Your smarter then that mike.

And is that any different than any other board?

I bet Boards for other industries hold the same statistics.

I know the sense of humor of the people who buy banners here. Other than maybe BP I didn't offend a single soul.

Good lord Olsen, if Larry Flint could prove he had 4000 carpet cleaners logging on to Hustler.com most of them would have banners there as well.

I shut this joint down if I can't be myself.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mikey P said:

And is that any different than any other board?

I bet Boards for other industries hold the same statistics.

I know the sense of humor of the people who buy banners here. Other than maybe BP I didn't offend a single soul.

Good lord Olsen, if Larry Flint could prove he had 4000 carpet cleaners logging into Hustler.com most of them would have banners there as well.

1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBldVJnzdnM1]

Name
Lee Stockwell
A private message would have been more appropriate than to broadcast a group email with personal info, true or not, meant to embarrass or ridicule.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Mikey P said:
Don't worry about Terje and his feelings Lee, he always wears two rubbers when in the Keys.

i know for a fact this is true, because he wore 2 when I bought his vac booster.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Maybe Mikey should make an alter ego for himself so that he won't offend anyone by his statements. Plausible deniability....

Nevermind that the tone he sets and his personality (like it or leave it) is just as crucial to this board's success as anything else.

Would you come here if the tone was the same as another board who doesn't allow criticism of any kind to the sponsors or owners?
Sure, it might be a more polite board (or not) but definitely a less interesting and lively place to be.

Mikey P

Administrator
Lee do you know anybody in your circle of friends that gets "offended" by reading the word Gay?

Honestly?

I can't believe you of all people are taking this stance.

A Supplier has to put on a front here on behalf of one or two hard on customers who voiced their shock to them, but a broke dick cleaner like yourself?

Come on...

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
It seems that most that have a problem with this, are really only concerned about the negative response THEY might get for being connected with this board, yet make it as if they care that you are damaging your "wonderful reputation" Mikey.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I would think any browsers/lurkers of the board would have an idea who Terry is and the "humour" of this board., unless they've only been on for a month or two. It does take a while to become "accustomed" to the board and its "personalities".

Mikey P

Administrator
goomes said:
It seems that most that have a problem with this, are really only concerned about the negative response THEY might get for being connected with this board, yet make it as if they care that you are damaging your "wonderful reputation" Mikey.

quote of the month.

Name
Evets
I think the word "Gay" offends some people. Maybe you should have said "his queer lover" instead.

This is much ado about nothing.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Mikey knows my opinion of him and this board. If I worried about my reputation for being a part of it, I'd have been gone a long time ago.

Not one of my customers, or anyone that I have a business relationship with complained to me, by the way.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
And as Jim said if I was worried about ME I wouldn't be here nor have a vac tat. I stated how I felt and after reading the email from the perspective of someone that might not be a regular here. I know it would put off many of my customers. It has nothing to do with one word or the message but the context mikey. It's your board always has been and always will but acting like a big cry baby when someone disagrees is not becoming of you mikey. I feel your email did more harm then good and you disagree and that's healthy unless you stick your fingers in your ears and jump up and down screaming i can't hear you.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My new 5/11/10 resolution is to quit worrying about Mikey if he doesn't worry about Mikey.

I do think we all need to kick in for a special gift for Paula though. What a remarkable woman she must be......... :D

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Or you'll shut it down by being yourself! :p

Dude be yourself, it's what they come here for. 8)

MB is different you can see how they react over on Cleanfax and that was pretty mild of us. There are enough "stiff shirt" boards with no traffic, that's not MB and that's why MB is so popular.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Chavez is right. I come here and look for Mike's posts, just to see who he can insult next. Even if I'm the flavor of the day, I think it is funny stuff.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Doc Holliday said:

MB is different you can see how they react over on Cleanfax and that was pretty mild of us. There are enough "stiff shirt" boards with no traffic, that's not MB and that's why MB is so popular.

i think most of us come here to be OURSELVES

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
floorguy said:
Doc Holliday said:

i think most of us come here to be OURSELVES
no....i come for the train wrecks......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom