Some HUGE thank yous.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll start first with the members here who worked beyond overtime to make things happen.

Harv
Bob Foster
Forsythe
Demein Lucero
CMaster
Jim Morrison
Luddy
Cu
Mike West
Adam Hale
Chuck
Lisa and Greenie
Waldo
JB
Ron Werner
Albert Lazo
Lance

and the wrecking crew who helped clean up the hall.

You guys all helped out so much I can't thank you all enough.

Next comes the awesome speakers and presenters in no particular order:

Craig Jasper
Scott Warrington
James Smith
Shawn Forsythe
Ricky G
Lisa Smith
Jeff Cross
Steve Marsh
Heacock
Al Spate
Tom Meyer

Great job folks,you wouldn't believe the comments I got about all of your presentations. Thanks again so much for your valuable time and energy.

Next comes the companies that donated raffle prizes, give a ways and cash to make MF happen. I could not believe the generosity of companies like: (again in no particular order)
Mytee
Orbitec
Rug Badger
Judson
BridgePoint
Jon Don
Pro Chem
Blueline
Green Glides
Central California Cleaning Supply
Proline
Green Glides
CTI
Magic Wand
Hruby
Excellent Supply
Sticky Tabs
The Cermaks
White Magic
Pembertons
Steamon Demon
Steam Action Supply
Ceasar
Bio Kleen
John Olsen
Vac A Way
Bob Hodges
Chris Hagen
Keith Studebaker

and all of you great attendees who chipped in in so many ways.

And a special thanks to Judson Jones, Mike West Craig Jasper, James Smith and Gary Heacock for doing the impromptu Hot Seat on Friday night.
Everyone but Waldo loved your stories. For many attendees it was the highlight of the event.

If I left anyone out, please except my humblest apologies but I am beat tired from the long week and trying to keep up with Brevik on the hockey rink.

The Preacher

so Brevik is a REAL hockey player and yore like Happy Gilmore???

PS can you give us an accounting of what was brought in and how it was/will be spent. we don't want this thing to become a Connections Jr.!!! :shock:

Scott

I didn't see Harv's name listed. Did he just get in the way?

Oops, there he is - he's just not BOLDED.

;)

Scott

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Very true Ken
There was a lot of volunteer work but there was a lot of effort and expense put into this weekend, along with the aftermath (jazzers!! sheesh!) that fell/falls on Mike's shoulders. If there is anything left I think Mike should receive it. I would think of it as "my" donation to the cause.

Fantastic weekend Mike. Thank you. Bob said we even missed out on 1/3 of the event due to rain but it was still worth every penny and more. Connections has a big budget, but I got as much or more out of Mikefest as I have any of the 3 Connections I've been to. Sometimes smaller is better.

ANd thanks to all the guys that worked behind the scenes that missed out.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Thank you an my pleasure to donate this yr and in following yrs to come...

Great people having a greater time...Uniting the industry each day for the better...

Hey all...

Name
Bruce
Danny Strickland said:
so Brevik is a REAL hockey player and yore like Happy Gilmore???

PS can you give us an accounting of what was brought in and how it was/will be spent. we don't want this thing to become a Connections Jr.!!! :shock:

I thought Mike said he was taking his wife to Hawaii with the extra funds

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Is there anything like this Mikefest event in the industry? I think it was the best yet. I missed year one, but have been to 2,3, & 4.

Thanks Mike, and everyone else involved who donated their time and WOW! How about those prizes. I don't remember ever seeing anything like it. These supporting companies were so generous it was ridiculous. The give aways alone would have paid for the per person event cost. Everyone left with something good. How can we afford not to come to Mikefest?

Clark Lancaster even bought dinner for everyone at our table at the Aqua Blue. Very generous gesture. Thanks so much Clark. And my son in law bought me lunch, so I didn't spend a dime on food the whole three days! :)

Our hotel breakfast included in the room price, and two lunches and an evening BBQ included in our Mikefest. How about the free Beer from the keg?

Yah, the weather sucked, but all of us California cleaners weren't going to get many calls with all the rain anyway, so a perfect time get away.

The most fun was hearing the old guys reminisce. You don't see much of that kind of thing on any program, if it happens at all.

I guess we will have to wait until next year to get Bill Yeadon out to Mikefest. Craig Jasper filled in nicely, but next year maybe a round 2 is in order, this time with Lisa and Bill. I loved having input from Mike's neighbor lady after they were finished. Very cool idea Mike.

Well, enough kudos's for now.

Loren

Greenie

I took "extra funds" to mean a profit, I'm gonna guess Paula will have to settle for Aptos beach and spinach salad this year.

It was a lot of fun, as usual.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I have to agree with Loren - the session with the four old-timers was priceless. Never seen anything like and probably never will again,

Good job Mike and a big thank you to all that helped mt with the testing.

GRHeacock

I agree, it was a blast, and your Gracious Host Mike made sure everything ran smoothly, if not totally on time, because we were having way too much fun.

Kudos to Mike and his elves who made it all happen.

Gary

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Now I know what Danny meant when he said he had a head full of mush. It will take a while to digest what happened over those 4 days.

That was a great time Mike! I really enjoyed meeting everyone who showed up. The speakers were awesome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom