Someone figured out emulsification..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Comments are golden

The #1 reason people come to me to get in the carpet cleaning business:

"A guy cleaned my carpet for XXXX and was only there for XXXX. I rented a XXXX or used my XXXX and got more dirt out and the carpet looked better than he left it after I got done. The guy was a sloppy idiot who looked like he stumbled out of a bar. If he can make money doing this, I can!"

Of course not everyone who does that succeeds, but this story has been told to me over and over and over again for decades.

Mikey P

Administrator

"A guy cleaned my carpet for XXXX and was only there for XXXX. I rented a XXXX or used my XXXX and got more dirt out and the carpet looked better than he left it after I got done. The guy was a sloppy idiot who looked like he stumbled out of a bar. If he can make money doing this, I can!"

Of course not everyone who does that succeeds, but this story has been told to me over and over and over again for decades.
Yep, I've heard it countless times as well

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
20 Minutes!?

It takes me longer than that just to unload and setup!

I think the poster is lying about the 20 minutes.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
20 Minutes!?

It takes me longer than that just to unload and setup!

I think the poster is lying about the 20 minutes.
I don't think so. I had a similar job last year. Customer used a popular orange company. They were in and out in 25 minutes. Carpets left soaking wet and not clean. Took me 1.5 hours. Some of these guys like to fly.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris

I occasionally lose my mind on a particular carpet cleaning group because of this.

So many people buying used Orbiters and then rolling up to paying customers in a beat up SUV.

It devalues our industry, so I don’t mind being an asshole and calling those people out.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I don't think so. I had a similar job last year. Customer used a popular orange company. They were in and out in 25 minutes. Carpets left soaking wet and not clean. Took me 1.5 hours. Some of these guys like to fly.
This is a common complaint; the other guy was in and out like a flash and the carpet is still grubby.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom