Someone needs help, if anyone feels like helping.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Out of business
Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 01:37 PM
Well guys, it looks like we are going to be offically out of business. Can not afford another vehicle, can not afford to keep repairing our unit. So we will probably make that decision tonight. SO please pray for us. I am going out to look for a job.

Dana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Out of business
Posted by bobvawter on February 20, 2007 - 01:41 PM
What kinda machine is giving you so much trouble...?

I'm shakin' the bushes, Mr BossMan...
I'm right here shakin' the bush!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 01:44 PM
a 1990 gmc Butler. I think the cat pump is gone. It is the original one. We have just replace the up loader and still are not getting any pressure. Oil in the pump is clear, but no pressure. water is coming thru. Hubby is tired of fighting the machine.

Dana

Posted by bobvawter on February 20, 2007 - 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear that..i never did lik the Cat pump...housewife quality!

But it IS repairable..

Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 01:50 PM
cost of new is 800-1000, rebuilt is 300-500. has been rebuilt once.

Dana

Posted by Jim Bennett on February 20, 2007 - 02:09 PM
damn i know how it feels to struggle. still doin it. my 97 405 looks like its been dragged from a demolition derby, but its still goin...sometimes.

Posted by bobvawter on February 20, 2007 - 02:17 PM
I havn't even checked the oil in my Hydra Cell pump in SEVEN years.....

I SWEAR on my granddaughters life......

They run forever.....you could weld a solid steel box around it, and never worry!

Me too, maybe
Posted by Russ Goddard on February 20, 2007 - 02:22 PM
Sorry to hear this Dana. I know where you're coming from, I'm considering a similar course of action. No equipment struggles, just not enough business to keep the doors open and no more resources. Tough decision.

RE: Me too, maybe
Posted by D. Strickland on February 20, 2007 - 02:35 PM
is the pump the only problem with the Butler?

If we cleaners raised the $$$ to get a new pump would you guys continue even if only part time???

Paypal can make it happen!

Changed so other won't talk about me!!!

Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 02:39 PM
as far as I know that is the only problem, was working yesterday when he, was cleaning and half way thru the room he had no pressure. We replace the uploader with the last of our money, and still no pressure. The cat pump window has a crack in it, but the oil is proper color. it is not milky at all.hubby has just left to go find a job. I will go back to waitressing. My daughter is out looking for her a job, and we will put grand son in daycare for the first timme. we were trying to make this biz last for a nother year and half so that I could stay at home with him, as we do not care for daycare here. But we have to do what we have to do. any suggestion will help.

Dana

Dana

Posted by bobvawter on February 20, 2007 - 02:41 PM
What's an uploader?

Is that a By-Pass Regulater lik i use?

Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 02:43 PM
that is I know it by. We have replace this on several occcasion when we had no pressure. Water comes out of the cat pump to it then out to the wand. I think.

Dana

Posted by Charles Gray on February 20, 2007 - 02:48 PM
Do you know what model # the pump is?

Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 02:49 PM
I think it is a 335

Dana

Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 03:10 PM
I am waiting on a call from a companmy that can install a different pump, but it is not a cat pump. the get it out of Baton Rogue LA. The can do it cheaper than a cat.

Dana

Posted by bobvawter on February 20, 2007 - 03:14 PM
cheaper...now that's a skerry word....

Quality not only costs, buts it pays off in the long run....

I never did understand the Butler set-up....way to complicated to be bullet-proof!

Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 03:16 PM
I believe they are quoting me an AR North America pump, instead of a cat pump.

Dana

RE: WHooaaa...
Posted by MattKing on February 20, 2007 - 03:17 PM
Don't go out of business over a pump. Pumps go out all the time and if you can't afford to fix it I'm sure we could get together here and raise the funds to fix and rebuild or buy you a new one. I got a brand new Cat I'd give you to use until yours was fixed but it won't fit. It's a 5cp. Find out Exactly what pump it is and let's get you up and running. Where are you located?

Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 03:32 PM
Butler said that if I was to replace it with a cat pump brand it would be a 435. Does that help. The new pump will only take an hour to put in, if the company has one in stack. if not have to wait for one tobe ordered. am waiting on them to callme back.

Actually bob, my hubby prefers the butler over the hyramaster we had.the only thing we have not been able to replace with local items are the specialty belts on the engine. they are v shaped. That is about all we buy from them.

Dana

Posted by Duane Smith on February 20, 2007 - 03:58 PM
Slow down and regroup. If we can raise enough money for an aussie guy to get his phones back online I am sure we can help you get your van up and running. Nothing wrong with taking on a second income to suppliment untill your van is up and running. Set up a pay pal account and lets get this going. If we can get 50 people to donate 20.00 your back in business.

Ps. Maybe spend the dollar on a truckmount repairman. I dont believe your that far from DooDaddy. I dont know if he knows anything about Butler but tm is basic thing. Maybe he can chime in here with an idea or so.

Pss Didnt you guys survive a van fire a few years back? If you could recover from that I know you can recover from this.

Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 04:10 PM
yep, mom loaned us a credit card to put a new transmission in the other van, but they are no longer able to do this due to age and health and there credit. I do have a paypal account.

We do not know what kind of pump is even on the old hydramaster, but after sitting 6 years I imagine it is no good any more.

Bless all of you for your help.

Dana

Posted by Ades Gros on February 20, 2007 - 04:27 PM
Win Trax has cat pumps for less $$$$
I don't know bulter set up but water has to go in somewhere, make sure thats working properly. The rinse jug is not empty where its sucking air is it?

Carpet Magic

Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 04:29 PM
what is the web site.

Dana

Posted by Ades Gros on February 20, 2007 - 04:49 PM
windtrax.com or 1-800-443-0676

Carpet Magic

Posted by Cmaster on February 20, 2007 - 04:54 PM
AR pumps here. We use them. Relatively trouble free. You may have to change the unloader to facilitate a different pump. Here's one that might work for you. If not, call them and they will find you one.

http://www.pwmall.com/detail.aspx?ID=1430

Posted by Steve Lombardi on February 20, 2007 - 04:57 PM
BUTLER USES A PISTON CAT PUMP, WHILE MOST OTHER COMPANYS USE THE PLUNGER TYPE CAT PUMPS

Posted by gUmbOheD on February 20, 2007 - 05:02 PM
I clean for a Yanmar distributor here and they use cat and other pumps email me the model or whatever code and I will see how much I can get one for and I'll pay shipping.

I am not too familiar with all the componets of a tm but I am learning.

Claude

I might stick with my portable after all these horror stories latley.

The gangster of love.

Posted by Dana Mayhair on February 20, 2007 - 05:12 PM
if you call me as some have, please let me know that you are off the board.

Dana

Posted by bobvawter on February 20, 2007 - 05:33 PM
Hey dUmbOheD...how 'bout MEEEEEEEEE!

Will ya send me sumthin'?

Posted by ODIN on February 20, 2007 - 05:45 PM
bob your not helping here

T

The the lord said unto me, out of the north an evil shall break forth upon all the inhabitants of the land!

Have Runes will travel.

T

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
buy an OP til you can buy a more durable piece of machinery.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
T, there's a breaking point for everyone. At some point, $450 will put anyone out of business. One would hope to see the writing on the walls sooner though.

G

Who was the cleaner in Tenn that rebuilds cat pumps on the side? Richard something maybe????

Find the paypal address.

Dultmier had new ones for $700 something a year ago.

Where is Dana located at? A 430 is the same if she can find someone to change the end plate. That saves about another $150.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Lisa

I don't know anything about paypay but this is the email addy she has listed in her profile on the blue board. She did say she had paypal but did not elaborate.

LiLSouthrnLady@aol.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom