Sometimes It Pays To Be Nice

Name
Al
Sometimes It Pays To Be Nice
Posted By Al Bradham on 9/5/2011 at 3:11 PM

CHARLESTON, S.C. - With fans like Al and Barbara Bradham, it's no surprise that the Charleston RiverDogs have earned distinction as The Holy City's favorite professional sports team. The CarpetCare Services and Disaster Care owners are among many loyal supporters who embrace the club's "Be Your Own Fan" philosophy and make the Riley Park game day experience special.

As a result, the RiverDogs are happy to announce that the Bradham's will be presented with the 2011 T. Ashton Phillips Distinguished Service Award prior to tonight's season finale with the Asheville Tourists.

The 6th annual award is given in honor of the late T. Ashton Phillips, a Charleston businessman, RiverDogs minority owner and long-time season ticket holder who passed away in May 2006.

As season ticket holders since 2002, Al and Barbara have unquestionably displayed the same passion for the RiverDogs, the Lowcountry, and love for others that Phillips embodied.

Every year, the Bradham's donate a portable air conditioning unit for the Kindness Beats Blindness Auction that fights retinitis pigmentosa. In the process, they have contributed to the almost $450,000 that has been raised to help the MUSC Storm Eye Institute fight the disease which causes blindness.

RiverDogs players have also been impacted by their generosity through dugout fans which help to cool off the competitors on the many hot summer nights throughout the season.

"We have so many great fans that help make RiverDogs baseball what it is, and Al and Barbara Bradham are at the top of that list," said RiverDogs General Manager Dave Echols. "They are a staple in the crowd at The Joe, a proud sponsor, and their above and beyond support of the RP Auction has been invaluable in our efforts to aid the Storm Eye Institute to find a cure for the disease."

Al Bradham has owned CarpetCare Services and Disaster Care since 1994, growing the company into one of the largest flood and fire restoration firms in the southeast.

Previous recipients of the T. Ashton Phillips Distinguished Service Award are: the Phillips family (2006), Charleston Fire Department (2007), The Citadel (2008), Ken and Allyson Carrington (2009), and Pat Reddick (2010).

Bob Foster

Congratulations Al. Do you give the visitors dugout a fan too or do you supply them with a heater? :lol:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Congrats, Al

good stuff and I'm not a bit surprised you were awarded the honor
(even though I really don't know you 'cept from here...my "spidy senses", man...they're rarely wrong ) !gotcha!

..L.T.A.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Congrats Al, I know you were kind enough to let me borrow some of your valuable time this past summer, and it was good to meet you at Mikey's Fest. You shared alot of information and it was greatly appreciated. You truley are a "nice" person and very deserving of this award.

One thing I will never forget that you said was how good this industry has and is being to you and you try to pay it forward.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom