Sometimes the customers test our faith in them.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
It is not a question of integrity, unless of course you don't trust them. Being imperfect anyone, anywhere and at anytime can make a mistake when counting cash. All you are doing is confirming their count.

To us it is just checking for accuracy. But the customer's perception may be that we doubt their integrity. In marketing, "Perception is reality." I forget who first said that, but true regardless.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
To us it is just checking for accuracy. But the customer's perception may be that we doubt their integrity. In marketing, "Perception is reality." I forget who first said that, but true regardless.

I'd have to agree to disagree... I understand the statement may be true, but it becomes a he said she said thing if you get shortaged... Would it be ok for your employee to not count or check the amount and spelling?

Go buy some groceries and see if they check your check or dollar amount... Hell try and buy anything from a store... Trust but verify... I don't get butt hurt if they check my amount.. Now if it was a friend of mine, (say like Chavez) I'd short him to just see if he's paying attention...:shifty:

It's pretty idiotic to not verify a first time client.. I make sure everything's on the up and up..

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'd have to agree to disagree... I understand the statement may be true, but it becomes a he said she said thing if you get shortaged... Would it be ok for your employee to not count or check the amount and spelling?

Go buy some groceries and see if they check your check or dollar amount... Hell try and buy anything from a store... Trust but verify... I don't get butt hurt if they check my amount.. Now if it was a friend of mine, (say like Chavez) I'd short him to just see if he's paying attention...:shifty:

It's pretty idiotic to not verify a first time client.. I make sure everything's on the up and up..
I'm in the mood to be "on the up and up" also. Why don't you change your avatar and give me something to be "up" about

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Can't tell you how many times I've been shorted on the sales tax from not looking. Seems like some don't want to pay it. So now I look.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Or here. When Alabama gives me any form of love for acting as their bookkeeper, I'll consider breaking out the specifics.
Until then, the price is simple and taxes are included for labor and material.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Ms Smith pays her 200$ carpet bill with cash, you don't count it and head to the truck. Sitting in the truck you decide to count it... There is only 150$(or whatever).

How you going to feel going back to ms smiths asking for the other 50$??? What is she going to think???

Always count cash in front of them. Unless your okay w/being shorted. Because if you go back, she might just think your full of shat!

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We do this huge rug once a year. Takes 3 STRONG men to pick up and deliver. Cost is about 2160.00. Once she handed me a check that i didnt look at and it was for 160.00. Called her up and she apologized and sent in the 2k like it was mothing. Just a matter of disposable income i guess.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I just fold and place in my pocket.

I don't want them to see me doubting thier integrity.

Every once in a while this will backfire on me but it's worth it.

Check or cash, I ain't looking or counting.

Count the damn money......how else do you know to thank them for the tip. ...jc....this ain't rocket surgery. ..!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I never look, unless they ask me if they wrote the check out right, or ask me to count the money..

I've got stiffed on sales tax a couple times, but half of them call and say "I'll send it in the mail", or just send it... People are pretty good around here... Hell, I don't even count money if I'm working in the ghetto! :eekk: Usually just satisfied that I didn't get shot and no one robbed my van.. Living the dream!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom