Mikey P

Administrator
My response works like a charm...

Screenshot_20190522-214058.png

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Happened to me a few weeks ago. The tech was already at the property waiting. he arrived early to secure parking. This was a rental turnaround and the customer booked 3 weeks in advance.

Custy: "my asst. is having car issues and can't meet u today. we need to reschedule"

Me: "That's fine but you'll have to wait 2 weeks before i can see you again- or you can give me the code for the realtor box"

Custy: "The code is ****" :lol:

The next day she booked another appointment with me-- told her it would be a "standby type" --meaning I couldn't give her an exact arrive time and there is a chance I might not make it.-- she took it. Turned out to be a nice, quick filler job for me and she was very happy.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
"to be honest" implies you are not honest some of the time.

That's a pet peeve of mine too.

I know most don't mean that when they say it, but I often reply "If you have to qualify that, does it mean its a bit unusual for you to be honest?"

I also hate...HATE..the "I ain't gonna lie" line people use before making some kind of statement. My employees and children have learned not to say that to me.

I think this means I am officially a cranky old man...

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
NO PROBLEM burns my ass!😡 Stupid millennials! And I’m with you Jim.

Millennials will typically only say you're welcome, sarcastically, when Boomers and Gen Xer's start feeling entitled and forget their manners(like when a door is held for you) and you don't say thank you. Otherwise, they're letting you know that whatever task they performed was truly not an issue or inconvenience and they were happy to do it. You may think millenials are stupid, but don't forget who raised them. :eekk: That is the millenial argument, anyways.

:stir:
I'm sorry I'm an antagonist

But really, I use you're welcome and no problem interchangeably depending on who I am talking to.

Epic and word are a no go, unless I'm joking with friends. The "to be honest" was a bad habit of mine and I will slip up occasionally and consciously fix it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom