sourcing front end pulleys for direct drives

Name
Jesse
So I posted about our f'd up drive shaft on our box van in another thread. I'm almost positive I've got a solution, we'll see.

Assuming I solve this drive line issue I have another that I really want to fix. All of my other TM's have a serpentine belt driving the clutch on the front. This one system uses dual V belts and eats clutches like an ahole. I want to convert it to a serpentine but don't know where to find the pulley to mount on the harmonic balancer. Anyone have suggestions?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
my4a7eve.jpg

This is the one's I use for Idler's since the back of the belt runs on em. Go to Advance or one of the Box Chains, probably get what you need.
ujepase6.jpg

Maybe???

: )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
what make/year vehicle? Are the v-belts driving just the PTO, or all the other accessories (alt, a/c, etc.) too? In other words, are you going to have to convert everything else?

My first try would be to look up the same vehicle/engine, but keep going up years until that same engine went to serpentine drive (if it ever did). Maybe the balancer holes will still line up with the newer pulley. Maybe....

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Also, in the meantime, try (if you haven't already) loosening up the v-belt tension as much as you can without it slipping. Too-tight belts have destroyed many a bearing.

Reactions: GCCLee
Name
Jesse
Thanks to all.
It's a 98 ford 5.4 The dual v's are only driving the machine. The van uses serpentine for all the accessories. I've got 3 other white magics in the same van/motor/year/machine that all use a dedicated serpentine for the machine. This isn't a bearings problem. The belts slip due to excessive load and then destroy the clutch. I'm not sure why they did this one differently. We run 56 blowers at higher than recommended lift on all of them. This one can't even handle 14hg.

I'll call Tom.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom