Soxpac aka ozarks carpet care

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
If anyone knows this guy or where to find him please let me know. I bought the sx-7 wand in the classified two weeks ago. Sent the money and now he's gone. No response to pm or email. profile is a dead end.

Thank You

Able 1

Name
Keith
We should set a day and all of us blow up his phone for 24hours, that should do it!! He use to post here, have you checked ***?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
number just say it's incorrect. We help people on this board and then they screw you. He had this one planned. Had me gift the money so I have no recourse. It's a good thing he is not in driving distance. Karma will have to deal with this one.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Who knows maybe something bad happened to him, give it a little more time and if still sideways take a flight out and have a good talk with him in person.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Guy Steelman, Jackson Lloyd, or another cleaner I can't name at the moment*, live and work there. I'll follow up.

*Buddy McClelland

Last edited:
Reactions: Able 1

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I truly hope this was not his intention. I just want what I paid for or my money back. I don't need drama. If you going to rip people off then you to be prepared for the fallout. It's not like ripping off people in a town and you leave. The internet is every where.

Mikey P

Administrator
real sorry this happened Louis.

unfortunately there is not much I can do other than ban him which would only lesson your chances of communication with him.

it's a buyer beware world out there.

Reactions: FB7777

Able 1

Name
Keith
<dl class="pairsInline lastActivity"><dt>On ***-soxpac was last seen:
</dt><dd> Apr 23, 2014
</dd></dl>

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
disconnected #.

Dang I hope this guy ain't trying to pull one over on ya.

I sent him a message on FB and told him there was a Firemission he couldn't run from on the way. Ship or Pay.

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Had me gift the money so I have no recourse.

Louis - where did the funds come from? While its true that Paypal won't help you if you gifted the money, my understanding is that if you funded the transaction through Paypal Buyer Credit (I guess it's Paypal Smart Connect now) or a credit card you can start the dispute process with them and have them do a chargeback. If the funds came straight out of your bank account or Paypal balance then you may have no recourse.

Last edited:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
It came out of my account. It is now set up differently. He was a supportive member so I thought he was ok.

Name
I'm Rick James
That sucks man.. I had someone try to do that to me last year on the classifieds here.. The dude took forever to ship it out and he wrote the wrong address on it, even though he was given the right address. So he gets it returned back and it says its the wrong address, so I give him my address again.. he ships it out again and gets sent back.. wrong address. He sends it through UPS i think this time around and UPS takes extra time getting to because he wrote the wrong address on it AGAIN, but UPS figured it out (kudos to them). He just switch two number on my street address. Had to pay for shipping on that not knowing it was his mistake, I just wanted the tool..

So I finally get it and its not even the product he was advertising.. So I ask him whats up and that he had originally wrote the wrong address on there.. sent him pics and everything.. even sent him screen shots of the text conversation we were having about me specifically making sure it was a certain model. He starts getting defensive, calling me all different types of names.. said I didn't know anything about the industry or the tools that are used and that I am stuck with it and not to bother him about it anymore.. then that was it from him.

I was talking to a member about this on another BB because they serviced the same city and found out it was some dumbass kid working for his dads carpet cleaning business.. who just happen to be a member here too. Thanks to some help.. and you know who you are ;) helped me resolve this issue. I got my money back, plus what it cost to ship it back to him.. I never got the apology that I asked for.. but you know kids nowadays. :icon_rolleyes:

For me now.. no money gets sent unless I have an active tracking number.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Sounds like a dick move with the gifting though. :frown:

The gifting thing more often than not is a way for the seller to avoid Paypal fees, than for fraud. It's against Paypal TOS for a seller to ask for funds to be sent as a gift in order to purchase goods, and as Louis found out pretty much guarantees you have no recourse if the transaction goes south.

A good lesson for the rest of us (at Louis' expense - sorry bud...).

Reactions: Derek

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I see I thought it sounded scamish. Can't imagine you'd try something like that with a community you're still connected with. :confused:

Lets hope it's just that he is just late on shipping, looking for a box that will fit it.

Reactions: dgardner

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I got Dan on messenger.

Claims shipment took place the day after funds were recieved.

Says Communication was pretty non existent throughout the whole deal. Never thought anything of it.
He is currently out of town and really has no way to deal with this until he gets back first of the week.

I requested the Tracking info and made a few other requests.

I had something similar happen with Chris Atkins here when I bought my Greenhorn, we both shipped at the same time and my payment never arrived by mail, ended up doing a wire Transfer like 2 weeks later after I got the wand.

Hopefully this is nothing more than some poor
Communication and a lost or delayed shipment.

Personally I do not know Dan other than from here and FB.
He did ship me some Cashew Chicken sauce one time when I asked for it. Paid it all outta his pocket and mailed it to us so

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I pm him 5 times while making the deal. I pm him days after asking for info. No response. pm again and emailed him. Emailed him again with email above. He had no problem responding when I was asking questions about it. Once I sent the money was sent is when he stopped responding. I really hope this is a honest mistake but we will see. I will keep you posted.

Thank you for all your help.

Reactions: Derek

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I pm him 5 times while making the deal. I pm him days after asking for info. No response. pm again and emailed him. Emailed him again with email above. He had no problem responding when I was asking questions about it. Once I sent the money was sent is when he stopped responding. I really hope this is a honest mistake but we will see. I will keep you posted.

Thank you for all your help.

Keep your records as I told him to dig his up also.

If they shipped from a Box store instead of the terminal. It is very possible major delays occured. They usually do.

Think Positive guys until we actually know some definite details.

I grew up in Springfield and can tell ya if it comes to someone sending someone out.

I want no part in it, i know what Show Me State fellers do!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Got a message from Dan last night around 9:30 that said he was now in contact w OP

If he doesn't belong under the bus please clarify.

Figured this thread would have been updated with some current info by now.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I got a email and a pm last night saying the email went to his junk folder. I pm and emailed him back last night around 11:00. He said he will be checking in on it Monday.
I won't leave you hanging.

Thank you for all your help, especially Chris. Your new screen name should be pit bull.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Heck Yea!

Glad to see ya here!
shitty circumstances but I tell ya it means an says A LOT Woolybugger : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom