Spaghetti Sauce On White Berber

Spurling

The guy used Resolve and couldnt get it out .. what would you use to clean it up

Bob Foster

First I would try hydrogen peroxide and a cover up for 6 hours and if that didn't work I would use either Red Relief or Stain Magic with an iron and cotton towel

Name
jack zerkie
I found that you rub meatballs into the sauce it will absorb the red sauce and then vacum up the meatballs. And when that doesn,t work I have used household bleach mixed strong in a spray bottle. The spray should be in a stream not a mist, then most important flood with lots of water and use the flood tool . This has worked for me quite a few times, without any damage to the carpet. Oh yea it must be olifin or nylon carpet only. jack z.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Nylon will bleach and a lot of olefin's are blends. So, some of the fibers may bleach.

Other than that the meatball idea sounds like a winner!!

I would add that a little garlic toast and parmesan cheese may help the absorbency.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Tomato Sauce=Organic Stain=Stain Magic. Do not use red relief unless you want to then break out the Kool Glide and do a patch for free.

First things first though break out your water claw and flush all the resolve out. I would sprinkle some poweder defoamer on the spot before extraction.

Spray your stain magic and cover with saran wrap if it isn't disappering immediatly. Could take up to 12 or more hours but it should be gone in less then 15-20 min.

charles

Ditto on the stain magic, I've used it a couple of times on spaghetti sauce on white berber.
Worked great every time.

Name
Lee Stockwell
"Berber" is a construction style, irrelevant to this problem.

Spaghetti Sauce, although organic, usually has artificial coloring. Thus assumptions about redox removal strategy will vary.

Chlorox type bleach will cause you grief unless you KNOW (and test) what kind of fiber and dye system you are facing. Ask me how I know....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Lee Stockwell said:
"Berber" is a construction style, irrelevant to this problem.

Spaghetti Sauce, although organic, usually has artificial coloring. Thus assumptions about redox removal strategy will vary.

Chlorox type bleach will cause you grief unless you KNOW (and test) what kind of fiber and dye system you are facing. Ask me how I know....

While it may contain "artificial Dye" I highly doubt it has synethic(non organic) dyes in it unless your using spaghetti sauce from China :lol:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Synthetic doesn't always mean non-organic, only that it was synthesized from chemicals rather than gathered from naturally occuring sources. It's all "chemistry".

Many times a stain isn't clearly one or the other, but a blend of several kinds of colorant.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Bob Foster said:
Mmmm... spaget and spicy meat balls with a sprinkle of partisan cheese.
Ahhh yes but can't we all agree as to whether it is bi-partisan cheese? :mrgreen:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Lonny said:
Bob Foster said:
Mmmm... spagett and spicy meat balls with a sprinkle of partisan cheese.
Ahhh yes but can't we all agree as to whether it is bi-partisan cheese? :mrgreen:

No bi-partisan!!

The meatballs should use their dominance and roll over the spaghetti sauce.

Even though it is against the wishes of the plate full of spaghetti.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
:mrgreen:

A few years ago I would have agreed that spagettie sauce had a lot of combo colorants. But so many have gone to organic production that its very difficult to find a spagatti sauce that has a synthetic dye in place,

Name
Lee Stockwell
You may find everything from Sudan I to tumeric, along with the ubiquitous Red#4 and 40.

Walmart sells whatever meets their price point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom