speaking of in-line sprayers

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The late Joe Domin, famous for his chemical innovations with Prochem, tested that out extensively with his Ultrapac Pretreat in an in-line sprayer and All Fiber Rinse diluted 1 quart per 5 gallons and metered at 3 GPH. He noted a pH drop on the prespray from 10.2 down to 9.6.

That’s not insignificant when looking at the measured distance once you are that high on the pH scale from a chemist’s view, but in most cleaning situations, it would not be.

This was 30 years ago when the fears of cleaning stain resistant nylon had more control over both formulators and users than it does today anyway.

That number would be different with the higher pH presprays being used today.

Anyone can do that test themselves of course.

Name
Jeff T
Spray going in W/ no acid rinse, when you get the entrance of the last room to spray, go to the TM, and turn the acid on…

By the time you finish the room, the rinse is ready to go…

Not rocket science.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
Name
Nate W.
The late Joe Domin, famous for his chemical innovations with Prochem, tested that out extensively with his Ultrapac Pretreat in an in-line sprayer and All Fiber Rinse diluted 1 quart per 5 gallons and metered at 3 GPH. He noted a pH drop on the prespray from 10.2 down to 9.6.

That’s not insignificant when looking at the measured distance once you are that high on the pH scale from a chemist’s view, but in most cleaning situations, it would not be.

This was 30 years ago when the fears of cleaning stain resistant nylon had more control over both formulators and users than it does today anyway.

That number would be different with the higher pH presprays being used today.

Anyone can do that test themselves of course.

I remember his bald head and white lab coat in the advertising of ICS and CleanFax..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I remember his bald head and white lab coat in the advertising of ICS and CleanFax..

Joe taught me a great deal of what I know about cleaning chemistry.

He was that rare chemist that had an engaging personality and a wicked (truly) sense of humor.

One of my fondest memories was when he was asked to teach cleaning chemistry to a group of us IICRC instructors when I was still with that group.

Let me set this up to say that instructors were under very strict rules to NEVER tell off color jokes or stories in class, and many at the time were people of deep and strict faith, and wouldn't have anyway.

Well, good old Joe started his presentation with an incredibly filthy joke that I couldn't clean up enough in any way to relay even here.

Most of the room sat in dead silence after his punch line.

Those of us (yes I was one) who did laugh were given the stink eye by the powers that be of course.

Joe didn't care....he was one in a million.

I miss him still

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
does acid rinse affect alkaline pre-spray efficacy?
Does it lower the Ph of your pre-spray?

..L.T.A.
I haven't seen any problems from leaving the rinse on while treating the carpet.

Quit using the term "pre-spray". It sounds stupid

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
It’s an accepted industry term.
You judging what’s stupid is like Mikey calling someone a narcissist.
Accepting industry term? That’s not like you to just jump on the bus with all the other idiots

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Drop the “pre”
Ah it's the only spray. Well sort of, we are post spraying with the wand blast. However a given cleaner might spice that up. And the cleaning happens mostly in between with dwelling and agitation. Right? I suppose it's all part of it. Still sounds a bit whack. I always feel weird saying it outside of talking to cleaners.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
How does that change the fact you are metering the same acid rinse through through each sprayer?
I think you lost me. perhaps you run/meter acid rinse through your Machine?

I do not run ANY chems through my machine. all chems are applied through spray bottles or hydro-force to avoid "cross contamination"

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You Treat the carpet, fabric, floor. You never “pre-treat”

1717765058362.png

1717764948187.png

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Matt, Damon and the other guys running around with big giant pre-tentious truck mounts our app to pretend in their own minds that something magical is happening due to the louder noise and extra puffs of condensed humidity..

Us pre-tend cleaners with our wee mounts save half the cost and half the space and half of our hearing to get the same results with an additional 2 minutes at a time per 500 ft, maybe.

Damon has already figured out that most any job needing 200 ft or more vacuum hose is best done with a low moisture system but I'm not sure if Matt will ever pre-pair his mind to take that mental step.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We call it prespray because we spray it on before we clean. You're not old enough to remember when we didn't do that. We just cranked up the alkaline soap in the truck mount. There was no traffic lane cleaner back then.

• Love
Reactions: hogjowl

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
You do if you remember the olden days where you just dumped grease eraser and assorted chems in your fresh tank and went to town
Well, we’re not cleaning in the 80’s anymore, so we can update the correct language with the current correct cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom