split tie for douchebag carpet cleaners in missouri

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have a tie for two p.o.s. carpet cleaners that make the trade look bad need your help with the tie breaker. I live in a smaller town of about 50k in missouri. I am iicrc certified in many areas and take pride in my business and the quality of my work. one day while spying on what i thought was a competitor this was uncovered... I made a secret call to a dirt bag cleaner called low cost carpet cleaning...lol jeez that name should have told me lol. I call this asswipe and start asking him questions about his method and everything, and he tells me that he cleans carpet at 1000 psi !!!! lol no wonder i have made money waking behind him when i have been told several times the next day after he has cleaned the carpet smells like ass ! shoulda been called low quality carpet care ! .... anyway the next dirtbag we will call nicks carpet care . I get a call from a custy and im answering the normal questions when this lady asks me about my equipment. I tell her I run a porty and my methods ect.. she then tells me that so and so from nicks carpet care uses truckmounts and she normaly goes to him but he was on vacation . I thought this was funny because nicks carpet care runs out of a chrystler minivan. A week or so later I see this idiot with what had to be a 10 gallon portable in the van ( looked like an old castex box extractor) with damn near a hundred feet of hose attached running into someones house along with th epower cord!!! lol !!! do these idiots not understand that the water has to be extracted to be clean? I am just fed up with any asswipe that comes across some equipment calling them self a proffesional and dicking up the prices from good cleaners because their only leverage point is under cutting everyone else. anyway who would you cay is the winner or loser? any opinions also

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
LOL, Junior, you seem a might tad frustrated with the local comp

biz slow?

but I'd pick the "wet for three days" cowboy blowing 1000psi

the other dude might be a decent cleaner.
at least he has enough money to go on vacation.... :mrgreen:

BTW, it's not the low ballers that do poor work you have to worry about.(long term anyway)
It's the aggressive budget priced biz model outfits like Matt Murdock (Greg Crowley) that's out there doing high quality work for cheap.
THOSE are the outfits you don't want in your hood

..L.T.A.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Hi and Welcome

I'm 30 miles north of you and You can keep them in Jeff city, we have college students running around "cleaning" carpet for quick cash!! (at least they are working)

Tony

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
does the word paragraph mean anything

going down the same path as Mike B will get you nothing, did you take pictures also

just what I like to hear, the IICRC taught you everything already

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
meAt said:

biz slow?

BTW, it's not the low ballers that do poor work you have to worry about.(long term anyway)
It's the aggressive budget priced biz model outfits like Matt Murdock (Greg Crowley) that's out there doing high quality work for cheap.
no business has been good im just tired of idiots in my town driving the prices down. its easy to undercut someone if you are not doing a complete job

..L.T.A.

TimP

Get you a TM and knock your competition out.

Seriously you need to advertise againts their weeknesses. Dry times being #1 and clean carpet beint #2. State in your advertisements how fast you get carpet dry and guarantee that if they aren't happy with the clean you will come back as many times as it takes to satisify them. If you're really that good of a cleaner then you wont have but a few call backs a year or even 2. Also point out to your clients as you leave that you want them to call you if there is something you missed and that you are only human and can make mistakes and that its very important that you make them happy because you want them to call you back to clean again. They wont hurt your feelings or get you upset and that if they don't call it will upset you. And you can take it a step further and call them back next week and initiate the converstation. Over time you will blow your competition out of the water. At least that's what I think.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
juniorc82 said:
meAt said:

biz slow?

no business has been good im just tired of idiots in my town driving the prices down. its easy to undercut someone if you are not doing a complete job

..L.T.A.

See Junior- When you "Quote" someone, you're suppose to type something after it, like this.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Doug Cox said:
juniorc82 said:
meAt said:

biz slow?

..L.T.A.

See Junior- When you "Quote" someone, you're suppose to type something after it, like this.
Or some people choose to do it like this. Personally I like Doug's method the best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom