Spot got darker

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Got a call from a client saying that her spot got darker in color. I cleaned the home several weeks ago, went there to touch up on some spots, and now she's saying that 2 of the spots got darker in color. I believe she's speaking of 2 urine spots or a rust spot, not exactly sure, she asked me if i could just make the spot lighter.

I think i used a rust remover and or a gel remover from vacaway, again i dont know what the spot actually is, it was several weeks ago.

I've pre-qualified her on the 1st visit, regarding urine, most of the spots came out some didn't, etc...but she keeps calling me about spots here and there.

I'm thinking i should just spray some 30 or 40 vol HP to make the spot lighter?

Your thoughts?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
tmdry said:
I'm thinking i should just spray some 30 or 40 vol HP to make the spot lighter?

Your thoughts?

Well,

You indicated that the spots could have been two extremely different possibilities, necessitating different actions entirely.

The first question to answer is, what is the nature of the spot exactly. Is it a rust spot, a urine spot, or something else?

Then you need to assess what might have been left undone or unfinished to ascertain what the next step would be.

For instance.... If it was a rust stain that you treated with a rust remover, but you didn't rinse the spot afterwards....then the spot is clearly subject to return. Rust removers do their work by chemical reduction of the iron oxide into elemental iron, which while nearly invisible, will return as a rust stain if you don't rinse out the iron particles. If this is the case, you simply re-treat, and then follow through with removal and you're done. Using WD-40 or an oxidizer isn't going to do much help here.

The bottom line is that with enough information, a good answer is much more easily attained or given.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
while Shawn discusses the rocket science of it,

I'll simply suggest that if the spots got darker after a couple weeks..
it's cause you left her's AND your spotting residue there to collect gunk

..L.T.A.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I don't really what the spot is and i do not have an extractor with me at the current time, also i did not know that i had to extract the rust remover, simply because i was using vacaway's product. Guess it happens sometimes when you assumed it was an encapsulant.

M

Mark Imbesi

From Vacaway's Website:

Rust Assassin:
Application:

Apply directly to rust spots while still dry.

Agitate gently with a blunt object such as a bone scraper. (Do not use fingers)
Allow to dwell.

Wearing rubber gloves, blot with a clean absorbent towel.

Rinse well with water or mild detergent solution.

HelGel ORANGE:
Application:

Shake well before using.

Apply to a clean, white absorbent cloth and blot spot. Or apply directly to spot, sticky tape residue, etc. Blot area, working from the outside of the area towards the center.

For hardened Gum, allow 2 to 5 minutes dwell time, scrape up excess gum with a blunt object such as a bone scraper... reapply to remove any remaining residue.

Rinse from carpet with water and blot dry.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Besides what Marc pointed out, you don't know what (or how much) gunk the lady has dumped on the spots before you got there

Steve (vacaway) makes some great chems, but you can't rely on magic pixie dust polymer to make gunky residue disappear

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
and sometimes they just plain wick back up.

"darker" could mean anything.

Go back out and water claw it with a big smile on your face.

LeeCory

The way it is described and with everything that "may" have been used on it, and the way you are thinking of "solving" it, soon we will be reading a post about how to solve "color loss".

Has Steve Mathie ever posted on this board?

M

Mark Imbesi

LeeCory said:
Has Steve Mathie ever posted on this board?

LOL! Lee is stirrin' the pot from the past with that comment!

PS - I still use Roper Systems within my business.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks Marc for posting that for me, i couldn't read the tiny fine print on the bottle due to getting it wet w/ moisture, but now it makes perfect sense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom