Spot Out vs Home Pro

Just wondering which one everyone prefers. I currently use HPS, but am thinking about going to the Spot out system and offering that as well as scothcguard and the vet's trust. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion. I also have looked into the Spotting Solutions System.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
They both work just fine. Giving them out is the main thing. Just do it and folks will be happy.

Giving a homeowner a 12 to 16 oz bottle of spotter isn't going to impress them all that much. When they look at that little bottle, they are going to be thinking this stuff is good for maybe three spots. You don't have to be fancy. Mix up some pre-spray in a 32 oz bottle with trigger sprayer and write your name and number on it or use a sticker. Tell them this is what you actually use on a day to day basis. They will appreciate this much more, and the cost will likely be less than the 16 oz spotter.

The Preacher

danielc said:
You don't have to be fancy. Mix up some pre-spray in a 32 oz bottle with trigger sprayer and write your name and number on it or use a sticker. Tell them this is what you actually use on a day to day basis. They will appreciate this much more, and the cost will likely be less than the 16 oz spotter.

and don'tforget to raise your insurance another million, just in case!!!

DRScrivner

danielc said:
Giving a homeowner a 12 to 16 oz bottle of spotter isn't going to impress them all that much. When they look at that little bottle, they are going to be thinking this stuff is good for maybe three spots. You don't have to be fancy. Mix up some pre-spray in a 32 oz bottle with trigger sprayer and write your name and number on it or use a sticker. Tell them this is what you actually use on a day to day basis. They will appreciate this much more, and the cost will likely be less than the 16 oz spotter.
1) Pre-Spray WAS NOT intended chemically to be a spotter.
2) The Home Pro or Jon Don Spotters are professionally labeled and will leave a much better impression then a Do-It-Yourself spotter.
3) LIFETIME REFILLS allows you to maintain contact with your client.

The ONE exception I have personally seen is Jim Martin's- but it certainly does not look like a Do-It-Yourself spotter- his bottles are professionally labeled for him.

Sorry dude the only thing I can agree with is that a bigger size MAY make a bigger impression.
But LIFETIME REFILLS can make up for it too.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Danny's referring to your liability as a chemical packager. Even if you buy product in bulk, change nothing, and repackage it yourself, you've taken on the primary liability of the chemical manufacturer. If someone gets it in their eye or claims it did them some harm, the buck stops with you. Buy the product from someone else, buy insurance, or take your chances.

Most of the mild give-away spotters are pretty similar.

You have a good point Bryan. I still think you should either give or sell the customer at least a 32 oz spotter. The home pro spotter etc. is just too small to last the customer any amount of time.

Able 1

Name
Keith
danielc said:
You have a good point Bryan. I still think you should either give or sell the customer at least a 32 oz spotter. The home pro spotter etc. is just too small to last the customer any amount of time.

My mom is still using the Home Pro I gave her over a year ago... I do want my custy's to call me sooner then that, so I think the smaller size works good for me! :wink:

BTW I just got my Jon Don order I'll post a pic. of both bottles tomorrow.. I like Jon Dons better!!

Raedan

Del makes some good points. So does Danny.
You can always give two of the 16 Oz. bottles.

I use Jon-Don's.

Joe

Al

Having our own label spotter was one of the best moves we ever made! We sell it in 2 hardware stores and our carpet retailer referral hubs. It's cheap to make and comes in a 32oz bottle.
One of the stores rents the Rug Doctor and the owner suggests our spotter when they rent one.

The spotter itself is awesome; we get a lot of feedback on how well it works!

We make our own labels and apply them with a system Judson showed us, they are totally water proof can’t run or scrape off.
ALS_spotter-1.jpg

100_2793.jpg

We make the label and roll it on with this tape machine.

We did news paper press releases and have gotten quite a bit of publicity from it.

100_0058.jpg

100_2779.jpg

Our clients love getting a free bottle with their cleaning, we often bring a bottle to the neighbors too.

8)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The bottles are of the best marketing products and I have .........and everyone loves the spotter inside..

When ever I give out the bottle I just tell then to keep it and when it is empty just give use a call and we will swing buy and refill it for free....I keep a few gallon jugs mixed and ready in the truck at all times...
Also ( as mentioned ) go with the trigger sprayer...it goes further and keep the client from dumping to much on the areas...Set your bottles up to where you market yourself not everyone else...I don't want just my name and phone number on the top of someone else bottle that represents them...I want to market me....
The size does not matter to the client....Keeping it filled for them is what they like....Plus it keeps you in constant contact with them....

IMG_3500.jpg

Al

Actually the 32oz size is perceived as a better value by the client than a smaller bottle, that's a no brainer and it gives us a reason to call on occasion to see if they need a fill up. We like to be different and most cc companies that give out spotters use the small bottles. Bigger bottle = Wow facture.

8)

P.S. Mine is CRI approved :mrgreen:

Al

After shipping cost's on the empty bottle and the spotter the CRI approval fee and fee to be on the insurance rider and labor to fill and label. It's around 1.50 per bottle

8)

Al

We sell it for 5.95 and were just selling a few per month in each store, I don't want to make the impression that we sell lots of these, we do give lots of it away. 8)

Greenie

I always thought selling a Refill gal. for $39 would be a good idea, but you most certainly won't get called back as often....so maybe not.

Now...a specialty pet stain, pet odor remover, they would pay a premium for.

Al

The stores sell it for 9.95
It's mostly just a marketing tool, helps us not be a secret 8)

any of you guys leave the package with the 4 spotters in i think prochem makes? That seems like a better idea to me...we all know there is no magic chem. that gets out everything...I also think that it would look really impressive to the customer...I think it would ad more VALUE also...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I don't think it matters which, as long as you actually give your client something.

I just gave a client a bottle today, the HomePro, he was more than happy with it. Yes it has the name HomePro on it but my name and number are right there. AND I don't have the liability which is the biggest reason I don't package my own. To damn many lawsuits out there.

Greenie

B&BGaryC said:
That's not actually your logo is it?

You smoking a bong?

Damn...that is what I first saw too! :shock:
Looked like Al was sparking up a bowl.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Dang! Now I see it! It's you in a lab coat mixing chemicals!

For two years now I thought that was you smoking a bong and it was some sort of joke. Then when I saw the spotter bottles I was really confused that you would put that image out there for the public. I thought you were a giant stoner... I wondered how you ran a business so well and gained so much respect if you were just into smoking pot all the time.

Al

LOL , wow I never saw it that way. The bottle in person looks fine but I see what you mean.
:oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom