Spot removal of iodine

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Just had a lady call me that was concerned about an iodine spot the size of a basket ball.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Or experience with iodine / mercurochrome spots.

She is out of my service area. (chose me because shy loved my website. Sorry Brian.)

I'll just pass it on to a cleaner more local to her location.

Burtz

just took one of those stains out this morning Steve walked me thru it while I was at the job

thank Steve your Swell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cameron1

Love spots???? You said you fell asleep on the sofa and the spots were from your shoes?

Were you having some kind of dream that lead to these love spots?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I would say stay away from the Oxyclean or any oxidizers. Here is my process for professional cleaner.

A home-owner could try the Avenge Neutral Spotter or Home Pro spotter. (Maybe you are already giving customized bottles to your clients.) For the do-it-yourself situation, it becomes a situation of applying enough volume of the spotter to overcome the iodine volume. Allow a short time to work and blot it up.

Iodine / Betadine

Description
This may appear as a golden brown to a very dark brown stain. Iodine or Betadine are commonly used as antiseptics for wounds and hand-washing formulas.
Degree of Difficulty 2
Tools Required
• Extraction equipment
• Gum Getter, tamping brush or spotting spatula
• White cotton towels
Chemicals Required
1) Bridgepoint Avenge Neutral Spotter
2) Bridgepoint RedZone
3) Bridgepoint Encapuguard Green anti-wicking formula
Procedures
1) Apply Avenge neutral spotter to the affected area.
2) Work into stain with tamping brush and towels or Gum Getter or spotting spatula.
3) Allow 3 to 5 minutes dwell time.
4) Extract with extremely hot water.
5) If discoloration persists, repeat the above process using RedZONE. Apply heat using steam iron or wallpaper steamer. Check progress every 30 seconds. Stain should be gone in 2 to 3 minutes.
6) Apply Encapuguard Green to eliminate possibility of wick back.

aurther11

Iodine makes a brown or yellow stain on unstarched materials and deep blue or black on those that have been starched.

Fresh iodine stains on fabrics can be removed by the moistening the stain with water and then using a steam-iron to jet steam onto the stained area. The stain will be gone in a few minutes. Sometimes an iodine stain will yield to a detergent after a long soak in cool water.

Materials injured by water may be sponged with alcohol*. (Dilute it with two parts of water.) Or place a pad of cotton soaked with alcohol on the stain, keeping it wet with alcohol* for several hours

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom