spotter question...

sassyotto

Name
Paul
in Marks spotting kit there is Java Jinx which is a spotter designed to remove coffee, and Just like Magic which is an oxidizer which also removes coffee. In an effort to simplify the amount of spotters carried on the truck, why should I carry both of these?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
in Marks spotting kit there is Java Jinx which is a spotter designed to remove coffee, and Just like Magic which is an oxidizer which also removes coffee. In an effort to simplify the amount of spotters carried on the truck, why should I carry both of these?
The Java Jinx is an acidic product containing a mild reducing agent. It is the original coffee stain remover that carpet cleaners have used for decades. It should be your first step, apply, let dwell, rinse and maybe apply a second time. If the stain doesn't respond, rinse well, then apply the oxidizer and walk away. The oxidizer needs time to work as well. The Java Jinx will also work on water stains, cellulosic browning, first step for red wine stains, etc.

Reactions: J Scott W

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
chemistry isn't my strong suit ...but aren't reducers last on the "try it" scale?
Oxidizers first, if no response, then reducer...because I "think" I recall, once a reducer is used, you've set it for life and only thing left is a knife ????

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
chemistry isn't my strong suit ...but aren't reducers last on the "try it" scale?
Oxidizers first, if no response, then reducer...because I "think" I recall, once a reducer is used, you've set it for life and only thing left is a knife ????

..L.T.A.
I don't know where you heard that but no. The percentage of reducing agent in a tannin stain remover is very small. It is the first step in removing coffee, tea, red wine, etc. It dilutes the dyes in the acidic stains and starts to remove them. Does absolutely no harm to the carpet and in no way does it set the stains. Oxidizers are a little more risky to use as they have the potential to pull color out of the carpet. I usually use the tannin stain remover before I prespray, then check the stain after I have rinsed. If it's gone great. Depending on how much is left, I may apply the tannin stain remover and leave it or apply a 2 part oxidizer and leave it. The 2 part peroxide/ammonia solutions I find more effective than the single ones. Mix 50/50 or use the 2 part spray bottle. Spray and walk away.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

The Java Jinx can be better than the stronger oxidizer say on a finer fabric... Or wool rug...

The Just Like Magic we tend to use the most but that is because we see a lot of poly and nylon and such.. M. But that Java Jinx can be gold in some situations

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom