Spotting high conflict personalities

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I came accross the following video and it really hit home for me. Without getting into the details and the opinions of 100 mellon-heads, I recenty had to distance myself from this type of person. It had reached a point where I just couldn’t take it anymore and being second guessed and questioned about my every decision finially pushed me over. Since distancing myself I feel as if a giant weight has been lifted off my chest. I’m still waiting for the “Play Misty for me” type backlash to hit me. If you aren’t familure with that movie, watch it.

I’m a loyal friend to a fault. When I had my rentals I lost thousands $$$ not dealing with out of sync team members swiftly. I saw the pattern repeating itself but this time I swiftly cut out the cancer. I can’t afford to lose everythinng again and I do take the survival of my small cleaning business seriously.

Last edited:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
yep, biggest thing I found when managing large staff numbers was the problem people never took any responsibility for their actions, it was always deferred onto someone else either me or another staff member.
Tread softly and carry the mother of all sticks, if it needs to swing do it without remorse

Reactions: Nomad74

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Without getting into the details

I’m still waiting for the “Play Misty for me” type backlash to hit me

you had an affair with some weirdo chic??

and the opinions of 100 mellon-heads

just one

get an alarm system installed on the rabbit pen

16848100.jpg

upload_2018-5-14_6-19-51.jpeg

and never give them your real name til you know they're sane

.L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I hope you stick to your decision, that we discussed, you made a few days ago Damon. You'll be better off. And hire a tech!!!!

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Ya got rid that lady finally that gave you crap about you checking on about any phone calls?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I came accross the following video and it really hit home for me. Without getting into the details and the opinions of 100 mellon-heads, I recenty had to distance myself from this type of person. It had reached a point where I just couldn’t take it anymore and being second guessed and questioned about my every decision finially pushed me over. Since distancing myself I feel as if a giant weight has been lifted off my chest. I’m still waiting for the “Play Misty for me” type backlash to hit me. If you aren’t familure with that movie, watch it.

I’m a loyal friend to a fault. When I had my rentals I lost thousands $$$ not dealing with out of sync team members swiftly. I saw the pattern repeating itself but this time I swiftly cut out the cancer. I can’t afford to lose everythinng again and I do take the survival of my small cleaning business seriously.

If I may:

Damon, have you seen a connection between this business/personal relationship issue and the manipulative crazies you work for against your better judgement?

Perhaps as you purge yourself from this specific entanglement, you'll see the same face on those weepy/growly customers who cause you so much difficulty.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
If I may:

Damon, have you seen a connection between this business/personal relationship issue and the manipulative crazies you work for against your better judgement?

Perhaps as you purge yourself from this specific entanglement, you'll see the same face on those weepy/growly customers who cause you so much difficulty.
Yeah. Im too nice. I’m never bored.

Reactions: DAT

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
If I may:

Jim, I firmly believe that if you seem to have problems with everyone around you, then you need to recognize you are the center of the hub and it’s probably you with the problem. I use this analogy all the time in my life. I truly am able to stand up and say, “I messed up, I’ll correct the issue”.

Here is an example of what just happened to me today. I cleaned a carpet over a month ago for my PM client. They give me a ton of work and manage thousands of single family homes. They are often caught between reality and homeowners with unrealistic expectations. An example of this is a house I cleaned a month ago. I had told them the carept needs to be replaced. They even noted that replacement needs to be done on the work order but asked me to clean it anyway. So I did what I was told and noted the extreme wear in the invoice.

Last week I got a call from the PM saying the owner says the carpet looks like it wasn't cleaned and needs to be done again. I replied it was clean and the notes in their own work order and within my invoice addresed the heavy wear, making the carpet look like crap. I told them there is nothing I can do and it needs to be replaced.

So today, I get a work order to go reclean the place. The owner wants it done again. Read the following text. My texts are green. This is what drives me nuts sometimes, but what can I do. I'm very honest and clear. If they want to pay me to do it again, fine. But I was honest. I can’t clean away wear or a mental block. This is my biggest account and I don't want to flat out refuse them if they are demanding it.

82CE89CD-CA3E-4F7E-8C24-68DD2E080CC1.jpeg

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Was your girl soliciting your customers from some form of advertising that only scumbags respond too?

I just dont get it.

Unless you're charging under .20 a ft.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Lol. No I'm higher than that. It’s just all these rentals I clean. These tenants are pigs and the homeowners don't want to buy new carpet. It does bother me. Thank God for motorcycles and baconators.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Jim, I firmly believe that if you seem to have problems with everyone around you, then you need to recognize you are the center of the hub and it’s probably you with the problem. I use this analogy all the time in my life. I truly am able to stand up and say, “I messed up, I’ll correct the issue”.

Here is an example of what just happened to me today. I cleaned a carpet over a month ago for my PM client. They give me a ton of work and manage thousands of single family homes. They are often caught between reality and homeowners with unrealistic expectations. An example of this is a house I cleaned a month ago. I had told them the carept needs to be replaced. They even noted that replacement needs to be done on the work order but asked me to clean it anyway. So I did what I was told and noted the extreme wear in the invoice.

Last week I got a call from the PM saying the owner says the carpet looks like it wasn't cleaned and needs to be done again. I replied it was clean and the notes in their own work order and within my invoice addresed the heavy wear, making the carpet look like crap. I told them there is nothing I can do and it needs to be replaced.

So today, I get a work order to go reclean the place. The owner wants it done again. Read the following text. My texts are green. This is what drives me nuts sometimes, but what can I do. I'm very honest and clear. If they want to pay me to do it again, fine. But I was honest. I can’t clean away wear or a mental block. This is my biggest account and I don't want to flat out refuse them if they are demanding it.

View attachment 81749
Of course you can polish a turd. Spray with clear shellac, let dry in the sun until hard, then apply a little turdle wax.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom