Spray on liners or paint on.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I had my van line-x and 5 years later I notice a oblong section about 4 inches bubbled and was down to the truck bed. I guess chemicals do affect it. So I went o wal-mart and got a gallon of bedliner poly and washed it out with a hose and cut out the bad section with a knife and peeled off. I reapplied the bedliner and all is good.

If you have the time to prep it the stuff in a can will do just fine.
Get some disposable paint brushes and go to town.

Walrus said:
I had my van line-x and 5 years later I notice a oblong section about 4 inches bubbled and was down to the truck bed. I guess chemicals do affect it. So I went o wal-mart and got a gallon of bedliner poly and washed it out with a hose and cut out the bad section with a knife and peeled off. I reapplied the bedliner and all is good.

If you have the time to prep it the stuff in a can will do just fine.
Get some disposable paint brushes and go to town.

The chemicals from carpet cleqaning messed up the Linex?

DRScrivner

I have used Herculiner (from Pep Boys) on the floor of my trailer, my shelves (best redneck shelves ever), and a Mazda truck bed.

Here is my advice.

1) Roll in flat open sections.
2) Brush into corners and small areas.
3) Instructions say to coat twice. Reality to match up to a professional spray in liner 3 - 4 times MAY come close in thickness.
4) It has held up well over all.
5) With the rolling versus the spraying it has provided a "rougher" more slip resistant texture then a "smoother" spray in. Downside- CANNOT be mopped when dirty inside the trailer- snags mop strands.
6) DIRTY work- the stuff will not come off your hands for about 7 - 10 days. When they say wear gloves- actually listen- and then actually do it.
7) If doing a trailer/van floor, go 6 - 10 inches up the side wall.
8) Costs:
Line X Estimate for 6 X 10 enclosed cargo trailer floor- $750
Herculiner, brushes, rolling pans, liners, etc: $400

Ask yourself is about 6 - 8 hours of your time (including down time of vehicle drying between coats) worth $350.

So if I had it to do all over again....

I would work a bargain and/or trade at a Line X dealer and pony up the dough.

T

The Magician

Do it your self check out por15.com Used it on my musle car frame and parts. going to use it on the van floor

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if it was my van I would have it sprayed on then put in a floor, carpet the floor with carpet tiles then put up the wall/ceiling panels with insulation behind the panels

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have the "Rhino liner" and love it!

Got it done at z-bart and I have dumped just about everything you can think of on it, not a problem.

Think i payed $540.00 worth every penny, it's guaranteed!

glenboy

Name
GLEN
make sure you cover any holes on your van floor if your gonna roll in your own rhino linr or else it will drip thru on your nice clean driveway

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom